Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2006 1:47:45 PM EDT
I have a chance to get some 5.56 ammo at a very reasonable price but I am not sure who made it or where it comes from.  I don't know how to post a picture on this site but it is 300 rounds in a light brown plastic "battlepac" with a dark brown lable that say;

300 RD
5,56 x 45 mm
Ball M1A2
       CTN
564 A 83

Any help would be appreciated.  If I can find a way to post a picture I will.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
South African, good stuff!!!! Buy it if you can find it. Still EXCELLENT ammo. I'd rather shoot this stuff over a lot of the new stuff out there right now. Shoot it ONLY in a 5.56 chambered rifle, NOT in a .223.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  Are these 55 or 62 grain bullets?  Why should they not be shot in .223 chanmbers?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
55 grain bullets. This is loaded to a higher pressure then the .223 chamber is supposed to be subject to. The leade [jump to rifling]  is different, is longer in a 5.56 BBL to help keep the pressure to a safe level. In the .223 cut chamber leade is shorter and pressure can be higher then specs allow. You can end up with blown primers and other problems.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top