Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 11:19:31 PM EDT
please help me ID this green tiped  ammo         marked   5.56                04

thanks

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=524926
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Off hand that sounds abit strange or odd ball.  
Anyway, the green tip should mean XM855/XM855-PD, and the "04" should mean that it was manufactured during 2004. But the lack of anyother marking, other than the "556", is very strange.  
All of my XM855 ammo has either "LC" or "WCC", plus the year of manufactured, and sometimes the "NATO cross". Therefore IMHO I would use caution, and almost afraid to fire them in my ARs.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
It is NOT GI ammo.  I agree with the guy on Glocktalk...It looks Chinese to me; their rounded primer with thick lacquer sealer is pretty distinctive.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Nthere's no LC stamp or NATO stamp on it, I doubt it's M855, maybe a cheap knock off
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The crimp, the paint on the primer and color of the green tip reminds me of the HOTSHOT brand.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Where's the box it came in?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]
it came in stripper clips together with the LC 03 m855 ammos  in carton boxes intended for 12gauge US military shotgun winchester ammos....being left over by the USGI who conducted the training @ the nearby range
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#7]
is it possible that this ammos are for "secret" military ops. & they do not want their ammos identified especially if they operate in foreign soil?    please help. tnx
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top