BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#1]
It does sound like a good deal, but . . . I just can't feel good about it.

I still remember the nightmare my one and only can of XM193PD was.  I only sorted through about two thirds of the 1000 rounds, but I filled a one quart zip top bag with rounds that were dented as badly or worse than those in the photo above, and at least a dozen with split case mouths, some of which were "peeled" down the case so far you could see where the bullet tapers at the start of the boattail.

I suppose I'm also a point in my shooting life where I want to make each shot I take count, or at least have a purpose other than make noise.  I can't think of anything I want to do where ten of 1000 misfires was acceptable.  It certainly would irritate me greatly during a 3-gun match or a defensive shooting class.

Maybe I'm being too picky (at least too picky for someone with my budget limits).

You guys are right that it's not going to get any cheaper.

Oh, worrah worrah worrah!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I still remember the nightmare my one and only can of XM193PD was.  I only sorted through about two thirds of the 1000 rounds, but I filled a one quart zip top bag with rounds that were dented as badly or worse than those in the photo above, and at least a dozen with split case mouths, some of which were "peeled" down the case so far you could see where the bullet tapers at the start of the boattail.

I suppose I'm also a point in my shooting life where I want to make each shot I take count, or at least have a purpose other than make noise.  I can't think of anything I want to do where ten of 1000 misfires was acceptable.  It certainly would irritate me greatly during a 3-gun match or a defensive shooting class.

Maybe I'm being too picky (at least too picky for someone with my budget limits).

Just trust in your instincts, and leave this ammo for us ammo whores
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just trust in your instincts, and leave this ammo for us ammo whores

Damn:  I use shit ammo for my friends to shoot when I bring them to the range.  Everyone wants to go and I am not going to waste Q3131 or XM193 because all they want to do is hear a bang and do some rapid fire.  I don't charge them for ammo because they are my guests.  But they don't get the good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dammit. I feel like a crack whore in need of another fix. Why did I only order 2K???

I'm gonna hafta lock this thread. Ya'll understand, right?

I've been waiting 3 days for it to disappear.

No more bumps.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
It  aint shit ammo!   It is well, classy ammo made by great companies, available at plinking price, just that it might have been not stored like you and I would have, you can tell from the look of it.   I don't mind going into defensive class or match either ... If I can not handle a misfire real fast, I will learn good the next time...I am refering to you not handling the situation well, I am thinking more in terms for training.. I think it will sharpen me even more...The accuracy is not cut short either ... I have not found any reason why you would only use it to make noise either as someone else refered...

But I am trying to convince anyone into buying....  Far from it .....

Well, why did I bother writing a reply .....Crap...Here I go ..buying more ammo...
Ditto Templar223's reply ....I ordered Gaut...waiting for order ...I guess this order will be into the "long term wait" ...Where it will look even better price wise....

lock 'n store...guys.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Dang you guys !

I just ordered 2k. For the price if it has a few dings I can live with it.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It  aint shit ammo!   It is well, classy ammo made by great companies, available at plinking price,

lock 'n store...guys.

I use the word "shit" affectionately when refering to ammo.  Shit ammo is anything I won't store for thirty years and then expect it to save my life.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I misunderstand you bstock – forgive me.

They closed B4 I could order my order in …that just made me now double my order for tomorrow…

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I misunderstand you bstock – forgive me.

They closed B4 I could order my order in …that just made me now double my order for tomorrow…

Apparently they have plenty of it.  I just hope I don't get carried away sorting it out by manufactures and head stamps.  Sometimes I drive myself crazy with things of that nature
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It  aint shit ammo!  

Is too.

You don't want to buy this ammo.

Now go tell your friends the same thing.

Remember, it's shit.

It's MY shit!

John
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#11]

yes !  that's it ...it's sheeeet ammo .... been sitting in the desert too long covered by corrosive desert camel crap, near the camel watering hole, with a lot of camel herders further pissing on it , turning ammo power into acidic mix........per confidential better ammy report leak ...

Toooo risky to shoot through milspec western weapons .... You will loose your warranty shooting that camel shit bullets.

You would not run your expensive sports car on low octane camel piss, would'nt you ...

Stay away from it.... I doing the ammo buy back program to keep off the streets!   It's my public duty to my fellow Ar15 citizens.

Ammo is  rated as the worst  than olympic ammo in ammo consumer report!

Ignore my previous posts, I forced to say that under strong lights by the "desert peoples army".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top