Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 9:33:57 AM EDT
I was at a gun show today and bought a 300 round battle pack of South African 5.56.  Package is marked  "300 RD 5.56 x 45mm BALL M1A3 CTN   362 A 86"

I know this is good stuff - at $49.95 should I got back and buy all he has?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
That stuff is great.  I shot 1200 rounds of it and didn't have any problems.  It was also marked 1986.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd pick up all I could afford to buy. I like it a lot better then a lot of the new junk that is being scrapped out to the civi market.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I went back and got all I my budget would allot.  I hear this is good poor man's SHTF ammo and since I don't have a stockpile yet, this is a good start.   I still would like to find some real M855, even if it's just a few mags worth - anyone know where to get small quantities of it?  

1200 rds for 200 + tax.  Forgive the quality of the pics.  They were taken with my cell phone.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the same stuff, year and lot. Shoots very nicely and spicy also!!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top