Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2006 2:57:46 PM EDT
i maybe in a position to aquire some 55 gr. norinco 223 ammo. i have not seen the headstamp yet for date or ID codes, but know the boxes are in most excellent condition.....bright yellow with red? lettering. can someone make general comments concerning velocity, accuracy, terminal performance and maybe fair price. thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:25:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ronbou:
i maybe in a position to aquire some 55 gr. norinco 223 ammo. i have not seen the headstamp yet for date or ID codes, but know the boxes are in most excellent condition.....bright yellow with red? lettering. can someone make general comments concerning velocity, accuracy, terminal performance and maybe fair price. thanks.

$3/box blasting ammo, sell the brass for scrap.. Common headstamp of C J xx (xx=2 digit date), 3 small crimps to primer, yellow color primer.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:06:09 PM EDT
so.........it doesn't sound like there is anything too notable about it. what about bullet performance on target? i just wondered how the bullet may compare to some of the current 55 gr. offerings
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:45:29 PM EDT
I've got about 750rds of this stuff. Was hoping to be able to reload the brass after shooting it.
So much for that idea,it sounds like.
Clint
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:17:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Clint50:
I've got about 750rds of this stuff. Was hoping to be able to reload the brass after shooting it.
Clint

Why no reload? Won't the crimp swage out of the brass?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:04:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By demigod:

Originally Posted By Clint50:
Clint

Why no reload? Won't the crimp swage out of the brass?

Most of the Norinco brass is rather soft (lack of copper alloy to make it harder), you can load it, but you may find the primer pockets get loose after a couple loads.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:14:31 AM EDT
Decent plinking ammo.

But the brass is real weak. I've seen some with small burn holes on the side of the cases.
Top Top