Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2006 11:58:38 AM EDT
I saw some pics awhile back of a few. What are most of you using?
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]

that. its super practical, just a small satchel to grab and go
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a "parachute" bag that holds my loadout vest, and pistol belt.  It slides under the bed and lets me throw in a helmet or boots too with room to spare and NOT look like I am going to war.

I also have a similar 6 mag snap closure bandoleer hanging on the back of the door, so I can "grab and go"
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm like that mag bandoleer idea. Where do you get those?
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Gun belt with a S&W 5900 high capacity 9MM 15+1 with 4 15 rounds mags.
2 bandos with 4 30 round mags each of 5.56
1 ammo can with 12 30 round mags in bandos-150 cartridges on strippers in cardboards-1 Beta stripper clip speedloader-1 bolt and carrier-1 high quality 9" pan head screwdriver.
14 1/2 M4 with a well tested and never failed 100 round C Mag
This is if I just have to take a quick position on my property with cover from the house.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
JRandyH

I have about half of my mags in cloth bandos and the other half in the 6 Mag pouches with the snap + velcro closure.  I checked around and couldn't find any.  If you find some they are really handy.   I keep my M855 and M193 loaded mags in marked pouches so I can quickly identify the contents.  Now that you all got me thinking about it I added two pouches(12mags) to a belt I can throw around my neck or over my shoulder.  It never stops.  I will post if I find any.

Here you go.  Found it        http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR009-3295-1886.html
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#6]
GRAB BAG---- MY WIFE'S ASS
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
JRandyH

I have about half of my mags in cloth bandos and the other half in the 6 Mag pouches with the snap + velcro closure.  I checked around and couldn't find any.  If you find some they are really handy.   I keep my M855 and M193 loaded mags in marked pouches so I can quickly identify the contents.  Now that you all got me thinking about it I added two pouches(12mags) to a belt I can throw around my neck or over my shoulder.  It never stops.  I will post if I find any.

Here you go.  Found it        www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR009-3295-1886.html

Made it hot for ya.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
[

Here you go.  Found it        www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR009-3295-1886.html

Made it hot for ya.

thanks
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Two bandoleers with 4 30-round mags in each. (240 rds. total.)

One ammo can with 480 rds on stripper clips in bandoleers, plus 2 loaded mags for the Beretta 96, plus 100 rounds of .40 S&W JHPs.

All right next to the AR. Very easy to grab and go. Can take a smaller quantity (such as just one of the mag bandos) or all of it as needed.

Realistically, it is hard to imagine a situation in which I as a civilian would need all that for a grab-and-go situation. Faced with zombie hordes, I am bugging in anyway, with access to the whole stash.

But I generally over-prepare. Beats under-prepared any day.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Two bandoleers with 4 30-round mags in each. (240 rds. total.)

One ammo can with 480 rds on stripper clips in bandoleers, plus 2 loaded mags for the Beretta 96, plus 100 rounds of .40 S&W JHPs.

All right next to the AR. Very easy to grab and go. Can take a smaller quantity (such as just one of the mag bandos) or all of it as needed.

Realistically, it is hard to imagine a situation in which I as a civilian would need all that for a grab-and-go situation. Faced with zombie hordes, I am bugging in anyway, with access to the whole stash.

But I generally over-prepare. Beats under-prepared any day.

Like my late Mother always said "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it".
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a plate Carrier that i can grab and go, holds 12 AR mags and i have 8 pistol mags for my xd45 attached to the mollie. holds 2 balistic plates and can fit over soft body armor if needed... i need more pistol mags to fill em though....

The whole system can be flung over and buckled in place in less than 5 seconds, wa la 12 AR mags on your chest..

MY TACTICAL GET UP AND GO VEST

I also have a drop leg holster for my XD45 by them, but it takes a minute to loop my belt through....
not practical for on the quickness, but you can attach a pistol holster to the molle on the vest...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw this at LApolicegear.com: sorta lika "grab and go" type bag

www.lapolicegear.com/baouttabag.html
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:14:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Keep the ideas coming. I need something like this in the near future. Some good looking stuff but I just wanna see what my other options are!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:50:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah getting some good ideas here.
Thanks,
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:47:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
www.copsplus.com/products/large/bh-55sos1bk.jpg

I wanted this exact one that christOph has but I ended up buying a very similar one from ACE Case but instead of only holding 6 30rders the ACE one holds 12 and it was only $15 and very nicely made.

link to ACE Case (go to accecssories and click mag pouches it's the #99 Six Pack)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:26:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I only see the one that holds 6.

Magazine Pouch
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yeah thats what I have!

pack to much its hard to carry and move fast! 7 AR15 magsmags seem  okay to me! Grab and go RIGHT?
along with Pistol/extra mags

BTW I use to USE BANDOLIERS but they arent STRONG enough and can tear easy?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Gun belt with a S&W 5900 high capacity 9MM 15+1 with 4 15 rounds mags.
2 bandos with 4 30 round mags each of 5.56
1 ammo can with 12 30 round mags in bandos-150 cartridges on strippers in cardboards-1 Beta stripper clip speedloader-1 bolt and carrier-1 high quality 9" pan head screwdriver.
14 1/2 M4 with a well tested and never failed 100 round C Mag
This is if I just have to take a quick position on my property with cover from the house.

I traded my 5906 for a 6906 but I still use the 14rd mags and 15rds mags
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I only see the one that holds 6.

Magazine Pouch

it looks like it only holds six but it is made to hold 12 AR mags.  It's called the six pack but it holds 2 mags in each pouch and there is 3 pouches on each side.

Go to the top of the page and lclick accessiries and scroll down until you see the mag pouch and read the descrition it will say it hold 12 AR mags.  Plus I have one and it holds 12 with absolutely zero problems.

If you really are interested in it I will post a pic of mine with 12 mags in it, just let me know if you want me to.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#20]
www.maxpedition.com

They make all sorts of not too uber-tactical looking gear. I'm running a Fatboy S-Type and it's a great piece of kit.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I have the new jumbo S-type and its great

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's my "Grab"vest...(for when SHTF) the 2 bottom pockets holds 2-30 round ARmags each (total of 4) the top pocket holds 2-20 rounders, plus I could carry my Tactical HK USP and have .45 cal pistol mags holders (X3) 2 on top 1 on bottom right, you can also carry extra ammo for your shotgun and or rifle, also has flashlight holder/and or knife holder, and the back also has a pouch that could fit 4 more 30 round Ar mags and or extra gear/first aid kit....$30 bucks at cheaperthandirt.com.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I have the new jumbo S-type and its great

Invisiblesoul

Tha Jumbo (righty, not "S") and the NeatFreak are on my to-buy list. It's good kit!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Here's my "Grab"vest...(for when SHTF) the 2 bottom pockets holds 2-30 round ARmags each (total of 4) the top pocket holds 2-20 rounders, plus I could carry my Tactical HK USP and have .45 cal pistol mags holders (X3) 2 on top 1 on bottom right, you can also carry extra ammo for your shotgun and or rifle, also has flashlight holder/and or knife holder, and the back also has a pouch that could fit 4 more 30 round Ar mags and or extra gear/first aid kit....$30 bucks at cheaperthandirt.com.

i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/knightenforcer/Projectgrabvest1.jpg

i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/knightenforcer/Projectgrabvest2.jpg

i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/knightenforcer/Projectgrabvest3.jpg

I thought and thought about a VEST but couldnt bring myself to buy one?
If I was a LEO maybe!

It would just collect dust  and never get used
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wanted this exact one that christOph has but I ended up buying a very similar one from ACE Case but instead of only holding 6 30rders the ACE one holds 12 and it was only $15 and very nicely made.

link to ACE Case (go to accecssories and click mag pouches it's the #99 Six Pack)

I got 2 of them made by Galati paid like 9 bucks back in 2000

But they only hold 6 mags each!

they are pretty heavy when loaded with 75gr Black Hills
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I just ordered one - thanks for the link.

They also had some 5.11 gear 2-fer-1 deals I snagged up. A red range polo w/ a free blue one thrown in, and a pair of the pants and they threw in a second pair in Desert digital camo in the same size
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

here is a pic of the ACE Case  #99 Six Pack with 12 mags, it also has velcro covers that I have hiden in the pouch. It's well worth $15

heres another

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#28]
SKD Eagle chest rig , 8 AR mags, 4 pistol mags plus MOLLE on the sides and a pouch on the back.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

here is a pic of the ACE Case  #99 Six Pack with 12 mags, it also has velcro covers that I have hiden in the pouch. It's well worth $15

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/WMHM4/63cbe31a.jpg

heres another
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/WMHM4/3037d736.jpg

I wish I got YOURS  6mags vs 12 mags

Have you tried loading the 12 mags with 75gr bullets  and see how it feels?

YES 15 bucks is WORTH IT!

NO I dont call that to small for grab and go! PERIOD

GRAB&GO is like 1 minute warning at the most
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#30]
BTW my mags are faceing down

or WHAT MARKM says BRASS TO GRASS

I want a smaller one for my OLD COLT 20 rounders
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I actualy do it the same way, the mags with magpuls are loaded with 75gr TAP and since the others are empty they are facing up so that I know they are empty
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
SKD Eagle chest rig , 8 AR mags, 4 pistol mags plus MOLLE on the sides and a pouch on the back.

picage snippage

I swear, every time I see a pic of one of these, I get this urge to buy one.  They look so freakin' handy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I actualy do it the same way, the mags with magpuls are loaded with 75gr TAP and since the others are empty they are facing up so that I know they are empty

COOL! you must be supper strong to carry them 12 mags
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They also had some 5.11 gear 2-fer-1 deals I snagged up. A red range polo w/ a free blue one thrown in, and a pair of the pants and they threw in a second pair in Desert digital camo in the same size

No problem...Glad to be of some help, congrats on the good deal.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#35]
For 61.98 at Blackhawk you can get there COMMANDO TACTIAL CHEST HARNESS

Looks like a good deal if you want to carry alot of mags with ya
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I have an Eagle Harris Assault Vest.  Has 4 dual mag pouches for a total of 8.  Has a couple of large side pockets as well that's great for bino's/gloves/etc.  Also have a drop leg pouch that holds 4 more mags if I get real frisky.  

All of that sits beside my bushy in case I got to run out.  If you've never picked up 12 loaded mags let me tell ya, they are heavy as hell!  Lets me get out to the car and bug out if I have to though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:54:37 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem...Glad to be of some help, congrats on the good deal.

Except there's a small problem since I ordered it Sunday and still have not heard one word from  them yet about it shipping. I emailed their customer service yesterday around noon and still haven't heard back on that yet, either.

Are they owned by Botac or something???
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:30:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Except there's a small problem since I ordered it Sunday and still have not heard one word from  them yet about it shipping. I emailed their customer service yesterday around noon and still haven't heard back on that yet, either.

Are they owned by Botac or something???

Funny, you mentioned Botac,...I ordered a lot of stuff from them, first order was good, 2nd order...so, so, 3rd order...problems started(wrong part sent)...etc....But I dont think they're the same company...I did order a surefire shotgun light from Lapolicegear, and had it shipped overnight, and got it the next day in good condition, so I was happy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#39]
My Eagle TAC1 vest, which has (6) 30 round Mag Pouches on it, a slotted pocket that holds 5 rounds of .30 Cal, another pocket that holds 5 12 GA. shells. (I use it for Slugs), and a small utility pocket for a Folder, and some ear plugs.

Attached to the vest is an Instructors Belt with a "Blade-Tech" drop leg holster for my SF 200 Lighted .45ACP, dual .45 mag pouch, and Eagle 12 round 12GA shell (with 00 Buck) pouch attached.

This Rig is always ready to go other than dropping my .45 into the holster.

Now what long gun do I grab first???

Tack
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top