Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 8:37:48 AM EDT
I knew I had bought some of this at a gunshow in the late 80's. I tried to shoot it in my AR 1/7 twist at the time and didn't think much about it. I was at the range this am and found 10 rounds on that I had placed on a stripper clip. I looked and it was the FN dated 77.
I fired a 5 round group and later fired the second 5 round groups. I was very pleasantly surprised.
I can never get US made Ball to come anywhere near this. Its seems that when I find whats extremely accurate in my guns its either IMI or other foreign ammo. Ths Santa Barbra 62 grain fired 10 in 1 1/2 inches several weeks ago. The walmart made in Isarel ammo shoots inch all day long.
JR

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I have some '61 dated FN 30-06 ball.  Damn that stuff is hot!  Sounds like a little cannon going off.  Pretty accurate too.  It would be great through an 03A3.  MJD
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top