Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/28/2006 5:26:24 PM EDT
Anyone reload ammo for use in AR's or "high volume" firearms??

I guess it just seems to me that there is a lot of time involved for something that you are going to shoot so fast.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:36:28 PM EDT
As long as your reloading manual has a specific section for AR-15 223 reloading and you follow the recipts I don't think that you'll have any issues. Fulton Armory has a different opinion so check out his site: www.fulton-armory.com/ and look for the document section.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:40:19 PM EDT
I reload for my AR's now. When I first started reloading I used them strictly in my .223 bolts but when I was confident in my work I began running them in the AR and haven't looked back. To shoot at milk jugs and such they are just fine. I can easily load 150 an hour once I get started and for just goofing off why not shoot much less expensive ammo. I bought all my supplies right and I'm going to have a loader anyway for other calibers so it makes sense to me. It's my opinion only and if you don't have time to spend a few hours reloading once a week it makes more sense to buy loaded ammo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:35:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By THRILLSEEKER:

I guess it just seems to me that there is a lot of time involved for something that you are going to shoot so fast.

What do you guys think?

Learn to hit what you are shooting at?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:15:38 AM EDT
Thanks for the info guys.

I hit what im shooting at, I just shoot it A LOT.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:39:28 AM EDT
High volume firearms call for high volume reloading

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:54:39 AM EDT

That's the Whole reason I reload.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:42:03 AM EDT
I reload for the AR. But dont assume everyone always shoots for volume or speed. I reload for when I want to target shoot. If I just wanna blast - I will shoot Wolf.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:59:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2006 8:00:02 AM EDT by Q3131A]

What do you guys think?

Yep, AA2230C + 55gr FMJBT Pulled + CCI #41 + Brass = Less than $85/k.

ETA: This is the ammo board, not the reloading board (in the general section).
Top Top