Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 5:54:36 AM EDT
This may sound like a stupid question, but I have a bunch of the 4-pocket repack kits and I'm trying to figure out exactly how to assemble them.  I obviously know how to load the strippers, put them in the cardboards and bandolier pockets.  But where do you put the spoon and what is the safety pin for?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:35:22 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:43:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Safetypin the spoon to the bandolier.

+1

Then when you need to use it, you can load four 30 round magazines, pull the string  and viola' the bandoleer can now carry four 30 round magazines.  Then used the safety pin to pin the center of the strap to the center of the top of the bandoleer.  You now have a chest pouch system with 4 magazines (wear it like a bra).
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Incidentally, I got some 7-pocket bandolier kits from Old Sarge's Drop Zone.  The bandoliers and cardboards were in new condition, apparently never issued since the time they were made -- in 1974.  They're pretty nifty if you use mostly 20-round magazines.  Each pocket can hold one 20-round magazine or a cardboard with two clips, 140 rounds per bandolier.

And I had been wondering the same question about the safety pin.  I suspected how it was intended to be used, but I just wasn't sure.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm bringing this back up again because now that I have the bandos loaded, it appears there may be a problem with the clips falling out.  From what I can tell from looking at them, they bandos originally are sewed-up such that the flap stays put and the clips cannot fall out.  Since these are re-pack kits, the flaps don't do a great job of preventing the clips from falling out.  What do you guys do to prevent this?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm bringing this back up again because now that I have the bandos loaded, it appears there may be a problem with the clips falling out.  From what I can tell from looking at them, they bandos originally are sewed-up such that the flap stays put and the clips cannot fall out.  Since these are re-pack kits, the flaps don't do a great job of preventing the clips from falling out.  What do you guys do to prevent this?

I try not to stand on my head when I am wraped in bandos.  OK really, I felt the same as you when I first started using them.  I make sure the flaps are over the cardboards as well as it can be done and I gave them the idiot test.  Wraped myself in bandos and jumped around, rolled around and all kind of crazy shit and to my surprise nothing fell out.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Safetypin the spoon to the bandolier.

+1

Then when you need to use it, you can load four 30 round magazines, pull the string  and viola' the bandoleer can now carry four 30 round magazines.  Then used the safety pin to pin the center of the strap to the center of the top of the bandoleer.  You now have a chest pouch system with 4 magazines (wear it like a bra).

Awesome Forest, Thanks!  Your explanation has let me figure out what to do with the string and the 30 rnd mags do fit perfect.  I'm wearing my "bra" right now.  They seem more usefull now but I still have trouble loading mags from the strippers.  They just start bunching up after the first 2 rnds no matter how I do it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I cannot to this day load strippers into mags without tearing my hands apart.  Even then they are almost impossible for me to consistently load them.  Do yourself a BIG favor.  When I ordered my C Mag I also ordered these accessories.

PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
LCMS10 Speed Loader for AR-15/M16 (10 Round Stripper Clips) 18.00
LCMP05 Personal Loader for AR-15/M16 (5 Loose Rounds) 15.00

I have 4 of each.  One for every AR.  That's how good they are.  With the LCMS10 you just slip the base on the mag and drop in the stripper and push the plunger.  The ammo loads effortlessly and when you pull the plunger out to insert another stripper a magnet on the plunger removes the old clip.  You won't believe how effortless it is and how you lived without it.  
With the LCMP05 you slip it over the mag lip and drop in five loose cartridges and push the plunger and those five are loaded, repeat 5 more times and you got a 30 rounder done.  
I really don't know why these are not more popular?  Everyone with a AR should have both.  Just my 02.  

Hear is a link.  You can get the 10 round speed loader elsewhere but Beta has a better price.  http://www.uws.com/CMAG/HomePage.html

If you want to see a picture of it go here.http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR603-46208-1885.html

Don't let the word plastic scare you.  You could run the thing over with a truck and not break it.  Good Luck
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

....... I'm wearing my "bra" right now.  ...........

That's a pic I'd like to see.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, please God NO.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a pic I'd like to see.hr

Oh, please God NO.

YES!!!  Sorry the pic is crappy with flash in a mirror.  Do you think I was going to ask someone to take a picture of me wearing this?  It really does place the mags at the same height as my Blackhawk tact vest tho...
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/killmoles/IMG_3776.jpg
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, please God NO.

I see God does not listen to you dilligaff
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, please God NO.

I see God does not listen to you dilligaff

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top