Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/15/2006 9:44:04 PM EDT
Has anyone tried any of the Winchester 62 grain ammo that SG has? The downside is they say it has defects. The price seems a little high but there is not a lot of first quality ammo around right now. Is this like the PD855 Federal was selling? I started to order some but got concerned when I saw the defects listed,any input?

I did check the posted link on ammo info at the top of the page but could not find any info on this ammo. $290 per K,would not be bad if this is good stuff,however I hate to buy seconds and thirds at that price.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:02:51 PM EDT
The defects are "slight blemishes that won't hurt a thing" according to sg's description. I think winchester sells this as blemished to stay with-in the laws regarding civilian military ammo sales. I plan on picking up a case when I can afford it if the price stays put.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:09:59 PM EDT
Great stuff! I just finished off about 250 rounds of it with no issues and I didnt even find one questionable round as I was loading the mags.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:58:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 10-22:
Has anyone tried any of the Winchester 62 grain ammo that SG has? The downside is they say it has defects. The price seems a little high but there is not a lot of first quality ammo around right now. Is this like the PD855 Federal was selling? I started to order some but got concerned when I saw the defects listed,any input?

I did check the posted link on ammo info at the top of the page but could not find any info on this ammo. $290 per K,would not be bad if this is good stuff,however I hate to buy seconds and thirds at that price.

I think ammoman.com is selling the M855, on strippers and in bandoliers for pretty close to the same price...figure it up per 1k rds.
Top Top