Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2006 7:22:15 PM EDT
Does anyone have a promo code for Midway USA?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
In my experience Midway doesn't give out "promo codes"  but they do give you non-transferable discounts thru your online account thoughout  the year... place a few small orders and come your birthday (make sure you let them know what it is in your account info) you'll get an e-mail saying they have discounted prices on all their products special for you (usually about 10% off). Then place your BIG order.  I usually get  these discounts from them on my birtday, around fathers day, sometimes labor day and even randomly  during the year... but I order alot from them.  I do believe if you place one or 2 orders though that they at least give you the discounts around your b-day.

T
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:50:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried to order a trigger spring from them, when the order was put together, the USPS priority mail for a damn spring was over $9.00 !!! I ship a lot of USPS priority myself, and it's almost flatrated to $4.05 if it's under 5 ounces.
I did not place the order, that's just too much.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:25:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to seem like a cool-aid drinker but when I just added a $1.09 trigger spring and checked the shipping cost it was $5.55 to Florida. Now they do add a $3 fee since your order was under $25. Personally I really like Midway mainly cause its the only place where I can place an order say on monday before noon and the package will be at my door on wednesday.

T
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:42:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not to seem like a cool-aid drinker but when I just added a $1.09 trigger spring and checked the shipping cost it was $5.55 to Florida. Now they do add a $3 fee since your order was under $25. Personally I really like Midway mainly cause its the only place where I can place an order say on monday before noon and the package will be at my door on wednesday.

T

From their site:

UPS Ground $9.20 Should arrive by 3/21/2006
UPS 2nd Day $19.99 Should arrive by 3/15/2006
UPS Next Day $44.51 Should arrive by 3/14/2006
 UPS Saturday Delivery   Unavailable
 UPS Next Day Air Saver   Unavailable
USPS Parcel Post $12.20 Should arrive by 3/22/2006
 USPS 1st Class   Unavailable
 USPS Media Mail   Unavailable
USPS Priority Mail $10.00 Should arrive by 3/17/2006
 USPS Bound Printed Matter   Unavailable

And then also:

In Stock Item Total: $12.79
Postage, Handling & Insurance: $10.00
Special Handling: $3.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Adjustments: - $0.00
NRA "Round-Up" Contribution: $0.21

In Stock Grand Total: $26.00

Sorry man, that's too much for me

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Weird... I get this: (TO FL-32968)

UPS Ground $8.15 Should arrive by 3/21/2006
UPS 2nd Day $16.16 Should arrive by 3/15/2006
UPS Next Day $34.16 Should arrive by 3/14/2006
UPS Saturday Delivery Unavailable
UPS Next Day Air Saver $32.14 Should arrive by 3/14/2006
USPS Parcel Post $8.85 Should arrive by 3/22/2006
USPS 1st Class $2.22 Should arrive by 3/17/2006
USPS Media Mail Unavailable
USPS Priority Mail $5.55 Should arrive by 3/17/2006

And then:
(assuming based on the price you are getting the  Holland M700 trigger spring kit)
In-Stock Total:   $12.79
Backorder Total:* $0.00
Shipping Estimate: See Estimate
Special Handling Charge:† $3.00
Sales Tax:†† Please sign in

Subtotal: $15.79
Total with Priority and round-up would be  $22, I'll agre thats still too much.

Are you shipping to the left coast?

T
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:37:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Weird... I get this: (TO FL-32968)

UPS Ground $8.15 Should arrive by 3/21/2006
UPS 2nd Day $16.16 Should arrive by 3/15/2006
UPS Next Day $34.16 Should arrive by 3/14/2006
UPS Saturday Delivery Unavailable
UPS Next Day Air Saver $32.14 Should arrive by 3/14/2006
USPS Parcel Post $8.85 Should arrive by 3/22/2006
USPS 1st Class $2.22 Should arrive by 3/17/2006
USPS Media Mail Unavailable
USPS Priority Mail $5.55 Should arrive by 3/17/2006

And then:
(assuming based on the price you are getting the  Holland M700 trigger spring kit)
In-Stock Total:   $12.79
Backorder Total:* $0.00
Shipping Estimate: See Estimate
Special Handling Charge:† $3.00
Sales Tax:†† Please sign in

Subtotal: $15.79
Total with Priority and round-up would be  $22, I'll agre thats still too much.

Are you shipping to the left coast?

T

That is weird. I'm at 34285.
How did you know I ordered that spring

harleyrkc- sorry about the hijack
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I have put together more than one order from Midway and decided not to place the order while in the checkout process because of the HIGH shipping.  I understand that they have to pay someone to pack the stuff, etc, but shouldn't some of that be rolled into the price of the merchandise and not tacked on to the shipping price?  It just seems a little bullshit to me that a guy wants a part for less than 13 bucks and after shipping and handling it comes to 26 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:57:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw your  "in stock total" was $12.79 so I did a search on their site for trigger springs and  used the first one I saw for $12.79. Sorry didn't mean to be nosey. I used your zip and got the same "estimate" I also used my cousins addy (Vero Beach) and got the same $5.55... but to be honest I'd prolly go with the $2.22 1st class which they are showing as unavailable to you... weird...

Once again at the risk of sounding like a cool-aid drinker just add something else to the order... if you add a 50rnd box of BH blue box 55gr your total will be  $36  shipped UPS with some ammo... or if your 700 is a 308 get a box of BH 168's they're on sale $15/box :)

Sorry harleykc... didn't mean to steal your thread... BTW when I was playing around in the shopping cart I noticed the block for the promotional code... I've never seen one though.

T
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I saw your  "in stock total" was $12.79 so I did a search on their site for trigger springs and  used the first one I saw for $12.79. Sorry didn't mean to be nosey. I used your zip and got the same "estimate" I also used my cousins addy (Vero Beach) and got the same $5.55... but to be honest I'd prolly go with the $2.22 1st class which they are showing as unavailable to you... weird...

Once again at the risk of sounding like a cool-aid drinker just add something else to the order... if you add a 50rnd box of BH blue box 55gr your total will be  $36  shipped UPS with some ammo... or if your 700 is a 308 get a box of BH 168's they're on sale $15/box :)

Sorry harleykc... didn't mean to steal your thread... BTW when I was playing around in the shopping cart I noticed the block for the promotional code... I've never seen one though.

T

The perfect excuse to try those!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BH 168's they're on sale $15/box :)
T

The perfect excuse to try those!!

They shoot great out of my PSS... I guess I never had any trouble with Midway since I never really had a "small" order. I usually wait till I come up with a few things I want before I order.  I refuse to pay $3 for nothing

T
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't let Midway backorder a low dollar item on you either as it will get separate shipping and handling too.  I got caught on that recently.  Some places (maybe Amazon) will not separately invoice shipping and handling on the backordered item, but Midway ain't one of those places.

dvo
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#12]
The inflated shipping is my only qualm with Midway nowadays. Last year the shipping was still pretty good, and priority mail was at 'normal' cost. I think Midway figured they could make more money on orders by bumping up shipping across the board. If you note, Midway no longer advertises "fair and honest shipping" like they used to.

I still order from Midway though, but only when I need a lot of stuff (since I have a minimum order of $40 with my dealer account).
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#13]
springs ordered, 2 boxes of BH ammo, no $3.00 paid
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
springs ordered, 2 boxes of BH ammo, no $3.00 paid

Out of curiosity what was the shipping. If you don't mind me asking?

T
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#15]
$9.62, UPS gnd, only thing available with Ammo.
Cheaper than USPS for a just spring....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Haven't seen much in the way of coupons or codes for Midway, but they offer a significant discount for FFL holders including Curios and Relics (C&R) licensees  - e.g., Black Hills 55gr FMJ, Blue Box, regularly $264.99/1000 + shipping.

With C&R on file with Midway - $234.99/1000 + shipping.

C&R License Info on AR15.com.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I didn't know they offered a C & R discount.  So does Brownells.  I'll have to fax that over.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I have had a few order errors made by Midway, as in wrong stuff sent. (Never bought ammo there.)

But the bigger problem is that they like to ship things in envelopes, which of course get damaged in shipping. Then I have to ship the stuff back...big friggin waste of time. hing
I am not buying as much based upon the lowest bidder anymore. Within reason, I will pay a fair premium for service so I won't have to deal with the headaches or lines at the post office.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Get your C&R and get your Midway discount. I've ordered a ton of stuff from them and never a complaint. Excellent customer service too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#20]
They do have a "low" limit.

A few times, if the order was under $40 I would have to pay an extra fee (about $8).

But I will concur about the C&R.
You save .50 here and there, but some other items will be a savings of a few bucks and with stuff like scopes, you will save even more (about $50).
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Thats what I'm talking about.  I don't think I've ever put in an order for under a hundred bucks anyway.  Seems like I always pop on there site looking for one stupid item and the next thing I know I'm having a full box shipped.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#22]
The Spring season is a great time for shooting and we want you to enjoy it! So we're giving you $25 off an order totaling $250 or more with MidwayUSA's "Spring into Savings" Sale. Order must be IN-STOCK and placed before March 26, 2006 on MidwayUSA.com.

To receive your $25 off, enter the promotion code WEB250 in the box entitled "Promotion Code" on the shopping cart page. You will see the discount on the confirmation page before placing your order. Remember, this promotion code is valid for orders placed on MidwayUSA.com.  The offer starts today and ends March 26, 2006 and is good on one order of at least $250.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Get your C&R and get your Midway discount. I've ordered a ton of stuff from them and never a complaint.

Same here.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#24]
I just saved enough money to pay for 5 C&R applications by buying stuff from Midway. I agree, somehow my orders always turn into full shipments. The same applies to Brownells.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#25]
They're okay. My biggest beef is the marked-up shipping. I received an e-mail asking how to improve service. I asked for an explanation on the shipping. Four months later.....no response. I buy from them if Brownell's doesn't have what I need. Wonder if someone has sent this link to them. I would, but they wouldn't answer.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
They're okay. My biggest beef is the marked-up shipping. I received an e-mail asking how to improve service. I asked for an explanation on the shipping. Four months later.....no response. I buy from them if Brownell's doesn't have what I need. Wonder if someone has sent this link to them. I would, but they wouldn't answer.

The shipping isn't too bad. I'm not sure why you're getting charged $6 to ship small parts. I've gotten small parts orders shipped for $2-$3 USPS First class from Midway. Non dealer orders are charged $3 for stuff under $20/$20, and dealers are charged $4 for orders under $40. It sucks but I usually buy lots of other stuff anyhow. Brownells DOES rule for small/light parts orders (under 1 lb = $3.95) and no minimum order requirements. Brownells carries more unique brand name items (Midwest Industries, Daniel Defense, Rock River arms, etc...) whereas midway carries only a few generic brands for the AR15.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a promo code for Midway USA?

In response to the original question. The current promo is $25 off any order of $250 or more. The code is WEB250. It expires midnight Sunday.

I shop there all the time. you cant beat the turn around time. Usually if I order by 4:00, it ships the same day. Shipping is a little high on small orders though. Solution.......order more!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Midway are not customer friendly

I ordered some stuff, including several 50 cal ammo cans. They left the cans empty and the other stuff was beaten up by the cans during shipping. Any rational person would pack the small stuff INSIDE the storage cans. I called them and pointed this out. A few weeks later I order a few more 50 cans and other small stuff. Same crappy shipping technique.

Their shipping is excessively high

Let us say that you have 5 boxes of 9mm bullets in your cart

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=475496

UPS ground  = $12-06

take a look at this really light Jammit target backer (a $4 item, wighing in at a couple of ounces)

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=914332

Add 1 to your order and
Shipping cost is $22-71 (an increase of $10-65)

Add another and shipping is $33-36 (another $10-65)

They charge you $10-65 shipping for each target backer no matter how many your order.

If I ordered 10 of these, the product cost is just over $40, yet shipping is over $106.

I ordered a 10 pack from another vendor for $54 shipped.

I thought I would do Midway a favor by calling them to let them know that their cart was adding full shipping cost for each individual item here (clearly a setup error on their website). After speaking with 3 customer dis-service reps I gave up. The attitude at Midway is "we are correct, you must be an idiot" (I may well be an idiot, but I know there is an error here). This was about one year ago, and to this day they have the same situation on their website.

Unbelieveable
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Midway are not customer friendly

I ordered some stuff, including several 50 cal ammo cans. They left the cans empty and the other stuff was beaten up by the cans during shipping. Any rational person would pack the small stuff INSIDE the storage cans. I called them and pointed this out. A few weeks later I order a few more 50 cans and other small stuff. Same crappy shipping technique.

Their shipping is excessively high

UPS ground  = $12-06

take a look at this really light Jammit target backer (a $4 item, wighing in at a couple of ounces)

Add 1 to your order and

They charge you $10-65 shipping for each target backer no matter how many your order.

If I ordered 10 of these, the product cost is just over $40, yet shipping is over $106.

I thought I would do Midway a favor by calling them to let them know that their cart was adding full shipping cost for each individual item here (clearly a setup error on their website). After speaking with 3 customer dis-service reps I gave up. The attitude at Midway is "we are correct, you must be an idiot" (I may well be an idiot, but I know there is an error here). This was about one year ago, and to this day they have the same situation on their website.

Unbelieveable

WOW!! I'm sorry to hear that. I've always had good experiences with them. The adding full shipping for each item had to be a software problem. I order stuff there all the time and have never had a problem.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:20:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

UPS ground  = $12-06

$9.87 for me

Add 1 to your order and

Unbelieveable

The target backer is oversized:
Length:  23.1 in.
Width:  17.8 in.

Height:  0.2 in.
Weight:  0.5 lbs.

Which is probably why the shipping charges are so high. I've never ordered bullets before, but it may require ORM-D labeling and a surcharge??? I've bought several thousand rounds of ammo through Midway for only $10 UPS shipping.

I've never had a problem ordering from Midway and I'll continue to buy from them and Brownells.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:22:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get your C&R and get your Midway discount. I've ordered a ton of stuff from them and never a complaint.

Same here.

Same here until now.  The dealer discount is only 1 dollar now.  Time to buy from Natchez, Brownells or somewhere else.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:30:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

Same here until now.  The dealer discount is only 1 dollar now.  Time to buy from Natchez, Brownells or somewhere else.

It depends on the item. Doing a brief search for most items in my wish list, the dealer discount ranges from $1 up to $10-$20.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top