Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2006 11:27:26 AM EDT
Nothing like picking up your "brass" with an industrial magnet in one swoop!!!
Then hitting the release to drop it all in the bucket.

Now I can save the $.01 per round I've been paying my ankle bite'r to recover brass for me. Not that he won't still get the money for using the magnet but it's a hell of alot faster.

Cycles like a charm in my AR too.

Not even the koolaid drinkers here can dispute this
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing that your range requires you to pick up your brass? The big range here you pick up what you want and leave the rest laying. They sweep it / rake it up and dump it in barrels. Later it gets sold ot help fund the range.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Well my average range is my back yard and the lawnmower doesn't appreciate a heavy metal diet

But the big range closest to me does require you to pick up your brass also. Wish they would sell it. I truely hate picking up brass.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
how much can i get for once fired brass?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Still not a good enough reason  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]
If you aren't in full blown apocalyptic zombie combat, Wolf is greatness.  Awesome plinking ammo.  I don't think I will ever understand ammo arrogance.  I need to shut up so that demand for Wolf does not increase.  That will leave more (and cheaper) Wolf for me!  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I tired wolf last week for the first time. I got short stroks and a few FTE. I guess no wolf for me. I was hoping it would run for cheap practice.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#8]
It is lighter than full military 5.56, no question.  A 10 second buffer swap will fix many issues.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It is lighter than full military 5.56, no question.  A 10 second buffer swap will fix many issues.

In what way?  Typically you have to go to a lighter buffer.  If you are already running a standard rifle or carbine - what would you switch to in order to make it run?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#10]
On a brighter note, all my builds use wolf hollow point just fine too! So give em hell.

We have to shoot Hollow point at one of the ranges I go to.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I run a standard carbine buffer in my Bushy 16" and Wolf 55gr FMJ has always cycled well.  The only problem I have had was when a cartridge misfired AND allowed the extractor claw slip off the case rim(or lack of one.) Some people gave me funny looks after I had field stripped my raifle, removed the hammer, and was prying at the case rim
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#12]
great for finding small parts you lost, like when you dissassemble something and spring goes zing and flings something across the room
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:33:53 AM EDT
[#13]
The Eden, VT shoot mgmt. requires range pick-up.  Nothing like firing 100% steel cased .223 and 9mm.............with the extension-handled power mag standing by.

Sam
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:33:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Yep gotta give a +1 for the magnet.

I do the same thing with the Barnaul ammo.

My 16" carbine eats just about anything with a steel case and keep on poppin.  

I'm well into over 1K of it down range.  Just have to love the 100.00 for 1K deals.

Buzz.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top