Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 1:57:14 AM EDT
I was watching "Bullets" on the History Channel last night and they showcased what appeared to be the perfect bullet.  It is comprised of 8 different metals.  It looks like a dull silver with a red tip.  It was capable of recognizing it was hitting thick steel and penetrating it.  However, when they shot it into warm beef, it expanded 360 degrees and tore the flesh to pieces.

Has anyone ever heard of ammo like this?  Armor piercing and rapid flesh destruction...sounds like the perfect bullet!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:21:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps you should take a look at the TACKED topics atop this forum.

I'd suggest ya bring your hip boots or waders though because it gets pretty deep when discussing the actual facts of this bogus ammo.

Mike

ETA - here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=254073
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:14:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was watching "Bullets" on the History Channel last night and they showcased what appeared to be the perfect bullet.  It is comprised of 8 different metals.  It looks like a dull silver with a red tip.  It was capable of recognizing it was hitting thick steel and penetrating it.  However, when they shot it into warm beef, it expanded 360 degrees and tore the flesh to pieces.

Has anyone ever heard of ammo like this?  Armor piercing and rapid flesh destruction...sounds like the perfect bullet!

Yea, I heard of it.  Read around here and you'll find that the general consensis is that fancy bleaded rounds are not the way to go.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "perfect bullet" as many things can and will go wrong out in the real world when the lead starts flying.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#3]
once I heard the word "proprietary" I laughed out loud and turned the channel
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
There's more BS in their claims than in all the cattle farms in Texas.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top