Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/4/2006 5:26:58 PM EDT
Hey all,

Went to a gunshow today and while I was disappointed by the pistols / rifles for sale (no real good deals) I was able to find a few deals on some 5.56 and 7.62 ammo.  But heres something I came across that has me puzzled:

A small table had a mix match of various ammo on their table, and I saw 6 boxes of Black Hills .223.  4 boxes were red box, 2 were blue box.  They were all SP stuff (55gr and 60 gr) and while the boxes themselves were pretty beat up, I opened up the boxes and the ammo looked good.  I asked the lady what she wanted for them, and she said 'oh, 10 bucks a box'.  I obviously took all 6.  When I got back to my brothers place, I opened the boxes and look at each ground, and found some of the RED (new) box of th6 60 grain soft point all had IMI brass.  Every round of the box (all 50).

This was the first time, after shooting Black Hills stuff for years and year, Ive never came across any Black Hills ammo that has used IMI brass.

Anyone ever see that before?  

Thanks, Joe
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Troy.  After shooting BH stuff over 3-4 years now (at least 50000 rounds), its just the first time I ever came across IMI brass  But at $10 box, I just thought wht the hell.  I dont hunt with my AR, so really didnt care about the SP factor.  I was in line nearly 45 minutes to get in, and thought "I need to buy something" because of the long wait.  Also did find 9 old boxes of Q3131 (9 boxes for $35, those old "made in usa" with stars on the box)  and some newer Q3131 along with some some other BH Red Box moly stuff Ive been wanting to try out.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top