Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 6:02:36 AM EDT
I have read about different builds by people and the accuracy of the different barrels available. What I did not know, if I understand correctly is that XM193 and similar ammo has a certain level of accuracy that regardless of the barrel and manufacturer's build won't allow performance that exceeds about 1.5 - 2 inches MOA at 100 yards.

Does an accurate reload perform well regardless of the barrel, or does each load and barrel have to be matched with a recipe that performs only for that system?

If the load is accurate regardless of what barrel that is used then what are the recipes that have been proved to be great performers?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:11:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Does an accurate reload perform well regardless of the barrel, or does each load and barrel have to be matched with a recipe that performs only for that system?

If the load is accurate regardless of what barrel that is used then what are the recipes that have been proved to be great performers?

There is no magic load that will work well in all barrels, but some loads will be more consistant than others.  Blackhills is a good example or a manufacturing company that has loads that will group well in all barrels, so long as you are using the right twist rate (A 77gr bullet will not work well in a 1:12 or a 1:9).  Generally to find that one or two loads that shoot nice tight groups you have to hunt and work to find that right combination.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#2]
OK.  

Then is there a recipe for a 20 inch Hbar that works well.

Is there a recipe that works well with the Wilson stainless barrels that are on the RRA uppers?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OK.  

Then is there a recipe for a 20 inch Hbar that works well.

Is there a recipe that works well with the Wilson stainless barrels that are on the RRA uppers?

I have not handloaded anything for that particular bbl.  Keep in mind that the harmonics of every rifle will be different.  You are just going to have to do trial and error- part of the fun if you ask me.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top