Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 11:27:51 AM EDT
Any recommendations on where to buy desiccant packs for ammo storage?
Is there something I should look for, or are they all basically silica gel?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Mazeman, try these:

www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp?model=S-1058&ref=1001

These packs are more than enough for a tall 50 can full of ammo. Uline also sells a few other package sizes. Take a look.  I had looked around for the best prices on dessicant packs, and Uline had the best for the price.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mazeman, try these:

www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp?model=S-1058&ref=1001

These packs are more than enough for a tall 50 can full of ammo. Uline also sells a few other package sizes. Take a look.  I had looked around for the best prices on dessicant packs, and Uline had the best for the price.

Those are the ones I just bought.  Best thing, besides price, was that I ordered at 5:30 PM and had them 16 hours later at my home in RI.  BTW they shipped from PA.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Just buy some Crystal Kitty crystal cat litter, put it in a small cotton pouch (I use one of my daughter's baby socks), and you have a 100% effective, cheap, and easy to recharge dessicant pack.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top