Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 4:16:15 PM EDT
I have an Army TM, #9-6920-746-12&P for an M2 Practice Bolt. I DO NOT have an M2 Practice Bolt.  Anyway, the manual refers to plastic training ammo M862 but I've never encountered any.  I have seen several types of plastic bullet ammo for 7.62x51 ammo.
Does this M862 ammo even exist any more?
BTW, the ammo is a standard brass cartridge case with a blue plastic bullet.  There is a warning that this ammo can cause "serious injury or death to personnel" if closer than 250 meters from the weapon.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it exists, I used it along with the M2 practice bolt in a shoot house in Kuwait last May.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot the stuff at Dyess AFB when they had a back stop problem with the range.  I had two FTE and two plastic bullets that stuck in the bbl. The combat arms guy just shook them out of the rifle.  One guy had a bullet fall out in his hands. Pure junk if you ask me.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top