Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2006 9:56:16 PM EDT
Local gun shop here has Wolf .223 and 7.62x39 in stock. I saw about 20 cases.

I think the prices were around
$160 for AK
$160 for AR

Thats a little high, even for Alaska standards.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn.  I really wish the 7.62x39 would drop in price.  It runs about $140/1000 around here, if you can find it.  I miss paying $85/1000, and that was just over a year ago.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty much the problem with retail.

Stores have higher overhead (lease, taxes, employee payroll, utilities), which makes increases their markup.  Some times transportation costs are higher (as in Alaska).

Fortunately no store here sells ammunition at less than insane "you'd think we're in Alaska" prices, so I have no issues with buying at wholesale from the internet.  Case prices, delivered, are less than what you've quoted, even from the "high price" internet dealers.

Competiton is good.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top