Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2006 12:32:09 PM EDT
The box says it is designed for 1:9 or slower. I think Ammo Oracle says that tnt and blizkrige can twist themselves apart, but its been a few years sense i read it last.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a large stockpile of this ammo which I use for coons and the like. Its extremely accurate and exhibits explosive fragmentation, plus its cheap. The velocity is high and the jacket is thin and shooting it out of a 1/7 barrel will cause the bullet to spin apart. I tried it years ago, for grins and the bullets flew apart shortly after leaving the muzzle. Probably not dangerous, but it could be.
Don't waste the time/ammo, 1/7 barrels will spin these rounds apart.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I shoot it in a 1/8 and it is good to go.  In fact, it is accurate as hell.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a large stockpile of this ammo which I use for coons and the like. Its extremely accurate and exhibits explosive fragmentation, plus its cheap. The velocity is high and the jacket is thin and shooting it out of a 1/7 barrel will cause the bullet to spin apart. I tried it years ago, for grins and the bullets flew apart shortly after leaving the muzzle. Probably not dangerous, but it could be.

Damn really. That sucks because that is all I have at the moment.  I'll give it to a friend. Those coons got lucky this time
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn really. That sucks because that is all I have at the moment.  I'll give it to a friend. Those coons got lucky this time

What ryno's experience is, may not be yours.  I shot UMC 45 grain and they were fine at 50 yards.  Perfect, round holes.  And it was somewhat accurate.  Sometimes people like to think because it's their way, it's the only way.  Brouhaha, one of the writers of the ammo oracles  has shot several types of 45 grainers in his 1/7 to test and the blitzkings were the only ones he had problems with.  If my memory from an old post of his serves me correctly.  

If it was me,  I'd shoot some to see.  It's not going to hurt and I don't see how youd be wasting time if you're at the range just shoot some.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]
very accurate in my 2 20in 1/7's and 16" 1/7...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you need to try it.  I shoot it in my 1:8 and it ROCKS.  I read about MANY people who shoot it in their 1:7's with no issues......
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#7]
shoots super in my colt 1-7 !!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#8]
You are good to go with the 45 gr. JHP out of a 1/7 twist barrel.  The 40 grainers are the ones to really worry about.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
They shoot well out of these:
20" 1/9
16" 1/9
20" 1/7
16" 1/7

One thing you have to know is that, because of machining inconsistancies, one barrel might be able to shoot them well, and the next one down the line might not.

Best thing you can do is to buy a box and try it out.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top