Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:52:15 AM EDT
I just bought a big case of it.  It says it will not cycle semi or full auto guns.  But there had to be a reason why someone maide it and I bet they got it to cycle out of a gun.   I was just woundering if anyone knows how to get it to cycle.  Thank you
Gary
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:59:12 AM EDT
[#1]
link??
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I bet it's similar to the Aquila Super Colibri 22lr rounds I use for pest control.  The Aquila round consists of a 20gr bullet propelled by the force of the primer ONLY.  There is no gunpowder.  Hence it will not cycle a semi-auto since there isn't enough pressure.

I'm almost certain the 9mm training ammo has no gunpowder and uses the force of the primer igniting to propel the plastic bullet.  I thought about buying some of them for my Nines too.  Would be a bitch to have to rack the slide on each shot though.  Now if you had a 9mm revolver, the fun factor would definitely go up shooting these.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]
no clue, but the crates are nice.  screwed on, though--no hinges or latch
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought some but havent fired any. Did a search and found someone posting about it, said it was loud and almost no recoil.  My guess is it is for training newbies, get them used to the noise/ can't kill anybody..
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have seen specially modified MP5's that shoot this stuff. They are special training guns with various blue bits.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top