Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 8:26:07 PM EDT
Well, I try to pick up 9 or 10 boxes pretty regularly to burn at the range, and I think EVERY TIME I tell them I want more than one, they try to hand you all of them at once, and end up dropping one or more, and they spill everywhere on the floor.

EVERY TIME I go, this happens.  I have started making a game of it.  Kind of like counting to myself  1...........2..........3...........4...........usually by 5 they have dropped and the box(es) always pop open.

Am I the only one?
Doc
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Everytime I buy a handful of boxes there is always one that looks really bad.
I always end up refusing to buy that horribly mangled box that looks like it was taped together by a retarded ape. I think that every store must have a clerk with no hand/eye coordination.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Everytime I buy a handful of boxes there is always one that looks really bad.
I always end up refusing to buy that horribly mangled box that looks like it was taped together by a retarded ape. I think that every store must have a clerk with no hand/eye coordination.

WTF do you expect from an adult who wears a name tag and works retail,  Wally-world no less.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm.  I cleaned out the 14 boxes at the nearest WM.  The clerk rang them up, put them neatly in a cardboard box, taped it up, and put them in my cart for continued shopping.  His comment?  "Good price on that stuff; lucky we had some left, since all the varminters like it."

Such a good price. I want to buy some XM193 or 855, but can't keep away from this WWB stuff since it's so conveniently located.  The nearest gun shop with much supply has a single open box of XM193PD for $225.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Just goes to show you that the great society worked!  We are all becoming uniformly stupid!   Either God or evolution will take care of this before too long!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The local WallyMarts around where I live won't let me carry them to the register, and your right , a box always drop to the floor and the side open but never enough for them to spill.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish the Walmarts around here had more than two or three boxes on the shelf when I'm there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Last time I bought 3 boxes of WWB 9mm the guy got real bug eyed like I was starting a revolution or something. It's a mere 300 rounds, about an 1.5 hr of range time.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have to drive to two different WM just to get enough ammo to shoot for an hour. Does WM know how much cash they would make if they just stock the stuff?

Then again, it is WM.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#9]
The Walmart near me never has a decent supply of centerfire ammo. The store is always out of stock of   rifle and handgun ammo and they never seem to resupply when out. They do have a good supply of shotgun ammo during deer, turkey and duck season but that is about it. Maybe they don't sell enough handgun or rifle ammo in this area to make it worth the effort to resupply it. To bad I have to reload all my ammo since it is too expensive to buy ammo around here and by state law I can not have ammo shipped to me from out of state.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:17:32 AM EDT
[#10]
My last trip to Wally World, they had two boxes and naturally, I bought them.  One was pretty horribly torn.  Don't know if someone dropped it, or tried to open it to see the ammo inside.  I just retaped it when I got home.  Wish they would regularly carry more inventory ot this stuff.  Much easier to sneak a few boxes past my wife periodically than it is to hide a full case of ammo delivered to the front door step.  Jeff
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top