Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 8:23:17 AM EDT
After buying 1k case of Wolf polymer 62 grn. .223 and finding the lacquer problems history.

@121 dollars including shipping mind you.

and yes the powder is still a bit dirty.

I decided to try out the 100% performance guarantee listed on the website.

I sent and e-mail to the customer service address and told them i didnt like the lacquer coated ammo and had stopped shooting it,  but did like the new stuff. I also asked them to exchange the old for the new.

Low and behold, they are sending a UPS call tag for the unused portion of the case and they are going to ship a same number of the new polymer to me.

I for one can't find much complaint with that kinda of ammunition company!

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#1]
w00t!
good deal!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
their customer service is great.  I had a problem with their ammo which messed up my barrel and they replaced my barrel for free and took the ammo back and gave me a check for more money then what I paid for the case
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
They have some of the best customer service i've ever seen honestly. It may jam my rifle up every once in a while, but because of how they respond to our needs, great customer service I will continue to use there ammo for a while.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They have some of the best customer service i've ever seen honestly. It may jam my rifle up every once in a while, but because of how they respond to our needs, great customer service I will continue to use there ammo for a while.

Great.  Maybe they will send the coroner along, too, if you ever need to use it in anger and it "jam my rifle up every once in a while".  I'll never understand this one, I guess.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great.  Maybe they will send the coroner along, too, if you ever need to use it in anger and it "jam my rifle up every once in a while".  I'll never understand this one, I guess.  

It's not like I am fighting off zombies at the local range. Saving $100+ per k of plinking ammo allows me to buy better ammo(xm193, q3131, BH etc) to stock pile in case I ever needed it.

i'm sure they are going to need to send a coroner because the casing got stuck in the chamber.

I'll never understand stupidity, I guess.

ETA: Wasted post 556 on you
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#7]
i never understood the wolf bashers. if your rifle wont eat it then theres something wrong with your rifle. when i see guys at the range plinking clay targets on the 75yr berm with Q3131a or IMI M855 i think "dumbass". thats just wastefull. i really think they just do it so they can say "i dont putthat crap in my rifle" therefore buying themselves some kind of superior position in the range caste system.

i shoot a box of my combat ammo to verify sight settings then i switch to wolf for running drills. i bet i save $100 a month doing this. Wolf should be lauded for giving us what we want. they listen to us like no other ammo manufacturer.

we wanted the laquer fixed...they listened
we wanted a velocity increase...we got it
we wanted .308...we got it
we wanted 7.5...we got it
we wanted M1 carbine...we got it

ill support any company that responds to our needs so quickly and at such a reasonably price
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i never understood the wolf bashers. if your rifle wont eat it then theres something wrong with your rifle. when i see guys at the range plinking clay targets on the 75yr berm with Q3131a or IMI M855 i think "dumbass". thats just wastefull. i really think they just do it so they can say "i dont putthat crap in my rifle" therefore buying themselves some kind of superior position in the range caste system.

i shoot a box of my combat ammo to verify sight settings then i switch to wolf for running drills. i bet i save $100 a month doing this. Wolf should be lauded for giving us what we want. they listen to us like no other ammo manufacturer.

ill support any company that responds to our needs so quickly and at such a reasonably price

Well said.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not like I am fighting off zombies at the local range. Saving $100+ per k of plinking ammo allows me to buy better ammo(xm193, q3131, BH etc) to stock pile in case I ever needed it.

i'm sure they are going to need to send a coroner because the casing got stuck in the chamber.

Call me stupid, then.  To shoot ammo that jams your rifle only every now and then is good, I guess.
Guess I'm fortunate that I can plink with the good stuff, and pile it up, too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#10]
i guess i am lucky, but polymer wolf runs fine in my rifle.  I only get problems after about 500 rounds (the stuff is dirty to be honest), and a 5 min field cleaning fixes that.

I dont use wolf as defensive ammo.  I got 400 rounds of black hills 68gr match JHP for that, with another 300-400 rounds of Q3131 and Q3131A to back up the black hills.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#11]
i can afford to plink with "good stuff" but thats just stupid, and i dont need to waste premium ammo on playing around and plinking just so i can brag about being able to afford it. i own a bushmaster, a colt, and many many "frankenrifles"  all my parts built rifles have chrome lined chambers and bores and i have NEVER, EVER had a malfunction with wolf that wasnt magazine related. period. if wolf jams your rifle then you need to look at the rifle and your magazines.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call me stupid, then.  To shoot ammo that jams your rifle only every now and then is good, I guess.
Guess I'm fortunate that I can plink with the good stuff, and pile it up, too.

Never having to clear a malfunction of any type, whether ammo related or gun related only means you will be less prepared to do it in an emergency. I won't call you stupid, but I will call you less trained for not having to ever clear a malfunction.
I too shoot Wolf and recognized its value in savings as a range ammo a long time ago. I shoot lots of it in many calibers. All the blindly repeated mythical BS about breaking parts, wearing this or that is just crap. The savings realized on a couple of cases of Wolf ammo in most calibers, with the exception of maybe 9mm, would if necessary, buy any part that might break in the vast majority of guns. Keep in mind my previous statement about it being "mythical". I have been using Wolf for years in every gun I own except one, including some very expensive transferrable machineguns and cannot attribute a single broken part to the use of Wolf ammo. The savings I have realized has allowed me to purchase almost twice as much ammo as I would have been able to if buying other brands. It has also left me with enough money banked to be able to buy any spare part I might need if something should break.
Buying expensive ammo to piss away all day into a backstop is more than a waste of money, its a waste of good ammunition. You get no points from others from the brand of brass thats on the floor or ground at the range, any benefit is only recognized by your own ego and if you are picking up your "good brass" to reload it, you are contradicting your own philosophy of running quality ammo right off the bat. Fact is, most kabooms ergo most broken guns and parts are the result of reloaded ammo not factory ammo.....not even Wolf factory ammo.  
I can honestly say that of the tens of thousands of Wolf ammo that I have unpacked, inspected and fired, I have yet to have a single defective round out of the box in any caliber. Not so with other brands. Recently three cases of ADCOM M855 yielded 3 physically bad unshootable rounds, WWB has yielded a few bad ones in their 9mm, even military LC has yielded some defects although it still fired ok.

Wolf ammo has taken the ammunition market in the US by storm and dollar for dollar is by far the best deal going for plinking/range ammo. So its a little dirty.....I'll bite the bullet,  I clean my guns anyway no matter what brand I shoot. As far as accuracy in pistol ammo, I'll put their .45 stuff up against anything out there....I've done it more than once with very experienced shooters using top dollar guns and ammo and more than held my own, often bettering them in the long run.

Ammo snobbery is a learned behavior, often times aquired with no real world experience.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#13]
And, Wolf is hella-easy to pick up from the grass/gravel at your local range. Just use a cheap-o magnet on a stick.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#14]
As far as I'm concerned any FMJ ammo is just plinking ammo, if ever I was in a situation where I was going to use my weapon for anything other that just practice/watching brass fly I'd use either JHP or some manner of ballistic tip ammo.  The millitary only uses FMJ because they have to, I'm sure if they had a choice they would use something with a much more devistating effect.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Never having to clear a malfunction of any type, whether ammo related or gun related only means you will be less prepared to do it in an emergency. I won't call you stupid, but I will call you less trained for not having to ever clear a malfunction.
I too shoot Wolf and recognized its value in savings as a range ammo a long time ago. I shoot lots of it in many calibers. All the blindly repeated mythical BS about breaking parts, wearing this or that is just crap. The savings realized on a couple of cases of Wolf ammo in most calibers, with the exception of maybe 9mm, would if necessary, buy any part that might break in the vast majority of guns. Keep in mind my previous statement about it being "mythical". I have been using Wolf for years in every gun I own except one, including some very expensive transferrable machineguns and cannot attribute a single broken part to the use of Wolf ammo. The savings I have realized has allowed me to purchase almost twice as much ammo as I would have been able to if buying other brands. It has also left me with enough money banked to be able to buy any spare part I might need if something should break.
Buying expensive ammo to piss away all day into a backstop is more than a waste of money, its a waste of good ammunition. You get no points from others from the brand of brass thats on the floor or ground at the range, any benefit is only recognized by your own ego and if you are picking up your "good brass" to reload it, you are contradicting your own philosophy of running quality ammo right off the bat. Fact is, most kabooms ergo most broken guns and parts are the result of reloaded ammo not factory ammo.....not even Wolf factory ammo.  
I can honestly say that of the tens of thousands of Wolf ammo that I have unpacked, inspected and fired, I have yet to have a single defective round out of the box in any caliber. Not so with other brands. Recently three cases of ADCOM M855 yielded 3 physically bad unshootable rounds, WWB has yielded a few bad ones in their 9mm, even military LC has yielded some defects although it still fired ok.

Wolf ammo has taken the ammunition market in the US by storm and dollar for dollar is by far the best deal going for plinking/range ammo. So its a little dirty.....I'll bite the bullet,  I clean my guns anyway no matter what brand I shoot. As far as accuracy in pistol ammo, I'll put their .45 stuff up against anything out there....I've done it more than once with very experienced shooters using top dollar guns and ammo and more than held my own, often bettering them in the long run.

Ammo snobbery is a learned behavior, often times aquired with no real world experience.

Ditto. Bravo. Etc.

I have shot CASES AND CASES of Wolf AK ammo and haven't had one fail to fire, extract, or other damage other then what was eventually a bad Romanian mag (big suprise huh?). Wahh you need to clean it a bit more, wahhh.... stfu. Really, just use some brake cleaner and lightly oil it afterwards. Its a 5 minute job.

And I agreed on the chance of a failure helping you train for the real thing. Because they DO happen, reguardless of ammo selection. It will come when you least expect it. Thats why I am going to "blind load" a snap-cap in a few of my mags for that very reason. Practice.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#16]
It is what it is and I knew when I bought it.

but now they make better and I am getting it up graded for nothing!!

you shoot what you want, and I will shoot what I want.

people still buy federal "pd" ammo, but 10 percent of it is defective and we know it!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Wolf is as good as any other ammo that I shoot.  To be honest, I trust it more than my XM193.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#18]
so is the new Wolf a little faster?  Is it out on the market yet or still comming soon?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:41:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I love wolf, its cheap way to enjoy my guns.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

double everything he said. Wolf rocks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:01:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Very well said.  I'm on my 8th case of poly.  I have yet to have one round fail in any way.  I have not even seen one round with the slightest visible imperfection.  At this point I have saved enough jing to buy a new Colt upper, let alone a bag of extractors.  But since I have not yet broken one part on any of my uppers...........guess I should buy more ammo with the savings.

The "dirt" is largely unburned powder.  The reason Wolf leaves alot of unburned powder is b/c it operates at low chamber pressures.  I happen to like the idea of using relatively underpowered, understressed cartridges in my 16s, thank you.  And there's no prettier sight than Wolf bashers on their hands and knees policing brass after a MG shoot.  Power mag with extension handle works for me.

Sam
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:35:06 AM EDT
[#22]
There are some people so damn proud that they would never use Wolf if it were the ONLY ammo available and they couldn't shoot otherwise.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top