Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/29/2006 4:43:26 PM EDT
Google is letting me down, so I'd appreciate any information anyone here can provide me with, on the following two 9mm rounds, i.e. availability, price, reputation, etc.:

Dynamit Nobel(Geco 123gr.) 9mm Luger
Federal 123 gr. 9mm

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:28:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By geegee:
Google is letting me down, so I'd appreciate any information anyone here can provide me with, on the following two 9mm rounds, i.e. availability, price, reputation, etc.:

Dynamit Nobel(Geco 123gr.) 9mm Luger
Federal 123 gr. 9mm

Thanks in advance.

The Nobel is good stuff. My MP5 loves it.
Not the most common/available. I wouldn't want to pay more than $.12 - .14 a round.
Of course, I go through a bit of it at a time. See above.

The Federal should be fine. Probably available most anywhere, maybe not quite as common as Win. White. In the same ballpark, pricewise.

Since I go through a lot of ammo, I stock up at sales. I try to beat $.11 a round. You may not go through as much, so a couple cents a round more may be ok.

This for plinking?

HKO
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:14:26 AM EDT
The Geco stuff is fine. I used 2K rounds through an old M43 Firestar, zero problems. I think I paid $140/1000. Being American Eagle is available and significantly cheaper, I'd skip the Geco. But it Geco is all you can get, don't worry about it. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:21:12 PM EDT
I would use the RWS Geco ammo any day before federal. That being said, I have never had a problem with the Federal either.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:29:17 PM EDT
Just used up the last of the geco. Good stuff, little on the hot side. The federal is a little cleaner.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:02:08 PM EDT
Some pics over here.
Top Top