Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2006 8:53:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 9:16:25 PM EDT by Praetorian55]
Is this stuff any good? I see ammoman and a few others have it...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:57:20 PM EDT
If it's MFS, I like it quite well in .45 ACP. Pretty accurate and very clean shooting. I still have some and would buy more.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:57:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:
If it's MFS, I like it quite well in .45 ACP. Pretty accurate and very clean shooting. I still have some and would buy more.

Yep, it's MFS. It's hard to find info on it, but the few comments I've seen now have been positive. I guess I'll give it a go. How does it compare to something like WWB or S&B?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:29:40 AM EDT
Absolute top of the line ammo. The good Italian made Fiocchi (not the american made crap) was acctually made by MFS.

It is a bit hotter than Remington or other U.S. factory loads and burns cleaner. I knew many people who bought it by the case for competition shooting.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:50:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 8mm:
Absolute top of the line ammo. The good Italian made Fiocchi (not the american made crap) was acctually made by MFS.

It is a bit hotter than Remington or other U.S. factory loads and burns cleaner. I knew many people who bought it by the case for competition shooting.

Great news! I'll take that as an excuse to stock up!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:39:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Praetorian55:

Yep, it's MFS. It's hard to find info on it, but the few comments I've seen now have been positive. I guess I'll give it a go. How does it compare to something like WWB or S&B?

I found it's better then both of those brands and MUCH cleaner the the WWB. I have a box of empties that I gave to a friends who reloads and he thought they were just popped primer cases that had no powder in them, they were that clean.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:08:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Praetorian55:

I found it's better then both of those brands and MUCH cleaner the the WWB. I have a box of empties that I gave to a friends who reloads and he thought they were just popped primer cases that had no powder in them, they were that clean.

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:22:06 PM EDT
Love this ammo.

Have shot about 2k in My Sig P220
Have stockpiled 5k of it.

I am going to order 1k of the JHP round just because.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:31:03 AM EDT
Works great in my USP. Only thing is the +P ones are supposedly actually somewhere between a normal load and +P. Still, it's cheaper than WWB so no complaints here.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:01:16 AM EDT
Between two trips to Thunder Ranch with some friends we ate up about 5,000 rounds of this ammo without a single ammo related problem. It is good stuff and MUCH cheaper than any alternative, plus the brass reloads well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:20:38 PM EDT
I have to ask the question of the day, Where are you buying this? Does anyone of the mailorder/internet ammuniotion sales stock it?

What is the average price of this stuff?

Thanks,

Beat Trash

Top Top