Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/20/2006 9:39:59 PM EDT
Hello, and as always, thanks for looking.

I tried searching for this but I didn't find anything. I was just curious who makes the bulk .223 ammo Cabelas is carrying. I am certain this has probably been covered before, so sorry for the repeat.

Cavu
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:42:43 PM EDT
I cant remember the name of the Company, but it is all commericial reloads
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:58:58 PM EDT
yeah, I noticed in the description that it was "fresh" "factory remanufactured" ammo. I don't know exactly what fresh means when talking about ammo, but hey, it sounds good. What is the word on it as far as function/reliability?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:14:37 PM EDT
I think it is HSM.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:34:04 PM EDT
Thanks A-P,

I know the price really isn't that great but I have a Cabelas visa that I earn points on. I haven't cashed in my points for a year or so and I think I have enough for $60-$70 worth. This makes the ammo a bit more appealing. I could just get the Black Hills ammo since it is a known.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:09:25 AM EDT
I'm a long-time lurker, but this is my first post on ARFCOM.
I went to college in Wheeling, and I was very fortunate in that there was a Cabela's down the road. The only bulk .223 I saw there was either Wolf or some type of reman. They sold a great deal of Ultramax too (or at least they had it on display).
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:18:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cavu:

I tried searching for this but I didn't find anything. I was just curious who makes the bulk .223 ammo Cabelas is carrying. I am certain this has probably been covered before, so sorry for the repeat.

Cavu

It is HSM. out of Montana
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:37:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nwammoguy:

Originally Posted By Cavu:

Cavu

It is HSM. out of Montana

+1 not bad plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:41:31 PM EDT
The stuff I picked up from Cabela's packed in their "dry box" was Ultramax...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:24:13 PM EDT
A guy at the range had some today - it was all ultramax ammo.

Tick tock, Tick tock, Tick tock, Tick tock, BOOM.
Top Top