Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2006 11:47:37 AM EDT
I was thinking of getting some of this to store some ammo for my new 9mm AR.  It comes in cans 175$ for 1000 rounds delivered.

But then I saw this chrono report.  The military ball didnt do too well.  I know it is a heavier grain, but the wally world value pack beat it.

So, is this a fluke, or am I better off getting something else that will serve me better for the same amount and price?  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The WWB stuff is 115 gr, so the 124 gr is about 10% heavier.

The M882 velocity is similar to Fiocchi or Geco in a 124 gr bullet.  It runs at 1190 fps from my Hi-Power.

For comparison, Winchester SXT 127 gr +p+ runs 1290 fps, so the M882 is only 100 fps or so slower.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not just get WWB? It's cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have that ammo fomr ammoman, it is HOT 9mm.  It dam good ammo.

if all your doing is punching paper look for cheaper 9mm 115 grain. will not beat the gun as much and your wallet will be heavier.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:47:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why not just get WWB? It's cheaper.

WWB is what I will use at the range, but this is some bulk storage for when the zombies come in force and all the hollow points are used up.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top