Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 1:14:41 PM EDT
I am new to AR's and I want to find out what would be the best ammo for a 1:9 twist. Right now I am shooting 69, and 75 grain black hills matchking HP's, I know 75 grain may not be the best for a 1:9 twist but I am new and that is why I am asking for help. and comments and experiences with black hills would be appreciated. Mainly I would like to know what would be the best match grade ammo.

Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:32:52 PM EDT
You can try the 75 gr. in the 1/9 and see if it works. It works fine for some people, and not for others. You should be OK though with a 68 gr. or 69 gr. out of a 1/9. My 1/9 Mini-14 shoots the 68 gr. great, but I never saw the 75 gr. even hit the target (no Mini-14 jokes please ).
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:27:14 PM EDT
You really can't go wrong with Black Hills. Their stuff is extremely consistent and would not hesitate to use it out to 300yds. The most accurate match loads will be the ones you load yourself. You know, feed the gun what it likes. If you don't handload, BHBB is a cheap and reliable alternative.

My 1/9 handles H 75 OTMs fine. May not be the same story for your gun. To find out, shoot it at the max range that you intend to fire on a cold, windy day. If the holes are round and the group is still measureable in inches and not feet, you are good to go.
Top Top