Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2006 3:46:57 PM EDT
At the gunshow today there was a guy selling Malasian 5.56mm for $3.00 per box.  I like the price, but is the ammo worthwhile?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent ammo,  not been around for about 15yr now, seems to be a lot coming out of stash somebody been sitting on.

Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool!  Thanks for the endorsement.  Is this stuff boxer primed (I hope)?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cool!  Thanks for the endorsement.  Is this stuff boxer primed (I hope)?

Boxer prime,  load'em up..  I seem to recall a primer crimp though, 2 seconds, all done.

I've picked up a bunch (empties) this summer, they in the drum.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I had some with a mfg date of 1983.  It shot well but I had some problems with some rounds with high pressure and blown primers.  Just keep an eye on it.

Sarge
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I found a can of this this past weekend for $75. I wish they had of had more.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:39:21 AM EDT
[#6]
No crimp on the Malaysian I reloaded.  I tested 20 cases to see if they would be worth keeping for reloading.  Worked fine.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I found that it had a strong ammonia smell when fired. Strong enough to make our eyes tear up to the point of no being able to see the sights.

I'm working on the last of a can of it and doubt I'd buy more strictly based on this.  It all fired well and was accurate but I don't like the smell at all.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top