Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2006 7:21:02 PM EDT

Can anyone tell me if Armscor is decent ammo?  They have some cheap stuff over at KYImports that I am looking at for simple close range training stuff.

Thanks-
Andrew
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Ran a case of .45 ACP through a course a few years back, no problems. It was kind of on the weak side, but should work just fine for your purposes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It's OK, bit slow like was said, a surprising one is MFS. Pretty much the same price and clean as heck, worked great in every 1911 I ran it thru with decent accuracy. Did I mention it was CLEAN? The MFS I was shooting had a green/red/white box. 8 or $8.50 per 50. After the first box I could hardly tell I had shot the gun. I'm going to buy more if I can find some.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:05:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's OK, bit slow like was said, a surprising one is MFS. Pretty much the same price and clean as heck, worked great in every 1911 I ran it thru with decent accuracy. Did I mention it was CLEAN? The MFS I was shooting had a green/red/white box. 8 or $8.50 per 50. After the first box I could hardly tell I had shot the gun. I'm going to buy more if I can find some.

www.ammunitionstore.com and www.wideners.com are both stocking FMJs and JHPs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What is MSF?

KOTB

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is MSF?

KOTB

Hungarian Ammuniyion Manufacturing Co.
I'm serious, this is pretty damn good cheap ammo. I just use it for training and target shooting. 230 grain FMJ boxer primed brass cased ammo. Absolutely clean shooting, even the inside of the fired case shows nothing except shiny brass basically. Seemed to be very consistant also.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is MSF?

KOTB

Hungarian Ammuniyion Manufacturing Co.
I'm serious, this is pretty damn good cheap ammo. I just use it for training and target shooting. 230 grain FMJ boxer primed brass cased ammo. Absolutely clean shooting, even the inside of the fired case shows nothing except shiny brass basically. Seemed to be very consistant also.

Thanks for the info!

KOTB

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I will not use Armscor again.  It is the only ammo (except 22lr) that has had a failure to go boom out of 1000's of rounds through my pistols.  Never tried it in my rifles.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I've fired maybe 4000-5000 rounds of Armscor .45ACP 230FMJ.  

The only problems I had were rounds with obvious defects, such as bullets set back into the case too far, or rounds that would not drop in or out of my case gauge.  When they bulk packed their ammo, it was a bigger problem.  When they started using the little trays to protect the ammo in transit, I had very few rounds that were bad.

All of the ammo that gauged properly went "bang!" in my guns.  

I'd still be using it, but lately I've found other brands cheaper.

By contrast, I didn't have as much luck with 600rds of MFS I had.  In that batch, I had more than 50 rounds that would not gauge properly.  No memorable problems with function other than that.  I never bought any more it.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top