Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2006 7:41:54 PM EDT
I've been feeding my M17a diet of mainly GA Arms canned heat, but while surfing found this for about the same price:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of__223.html

How is this stuff?  After reading the ammo oracle, I'm still(a bit more) confused.  Since the M17 has 1 in 9 twist, should I be using 55 grn (Canned heat) or 62 grn(the above) for best results, comparitively speaking.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:39:30 AM EDT
[#1]
A 1:9 twist should give you good accuracy with either. However, your particular rifle may have a preference for either. Rifles are funny that way, each having it's own character.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:09:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I've always had good luck with the 62 Grain, but I've never shot this ADCOM Stuff.
Kinda curious myself!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:33:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems like a good price if its decent ammo right?  I dont think its a new ad either - someones bound to have tried it!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:06:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Check the ammo review
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:29:47 AM EDT
[#5]
After right about 1K I finally had ONE popped primer. I like it, it's hot, works good in my guns, and shoots about like US 855 stuff.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top