Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:18:30 PM EDT
i will soon be the new owner of my ar-15.

i will just be using it at the range every other weekend or every weekend whenever i wanna go and have a little fun at the range. Im looking for Bulk ammunition for it, when i say bulk i mean bulk in 2k or larger.

ive seen the boxes of 1k but im looking for some cheap .223 ammunition in larger amounts.

this ammo is just for target shooting at the range for fun on weekends.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Search?

Tacked threads at the top?

Ammoman?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i will soon be the new owner of my ar-15.

i will just be using it at the range every other weekend or every weekend whenever i wanna go and have a little fun at the range. Im looking for Bulk ammunition for it, when i say bulk i mean bulk in 2k or larger.

ive seen the boxes of 1k but im looking for some cheap .223 ammunition in larger amounts.

this ammo is just for target shooting at the range for fun on weekends.

Any ideas?

Heres my picks:

If you want good ammo with good accuracy for decent price go with Federal American Eagle in 55 or 62 grain. Goes for around $200-230 shipped.

If thats a little on the pricey side then go with some Wolf. I can shoot 1.25" groups with this stuff at 100 yds. Not the best accuracy, but not the worst either. But damm cheap. Runs about $100-130 per 1000. If you want 2,000 rounds dont expect to get any special discounts. You need to get a whole load of ammo before you will see any big discounts. Plan on buying 10,000+ rounds of good stuff if you want discounts.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out the georga arms canned heat ammo.  It is supposed to be M193 spec and it's about 160/1000 rds.  I have never used it but the buss is that it's good plinking ammo.  Otherwise, check out southern ammunition.  They have bulk packed 223 and 308 for really cheap but they are back ordered most of the time.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top