User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I buy Winchester ammunition from Wal Mart, and damn little else unless it has Made in USA on it (Or Canada) and not just a sticker, found too many Made in USA stickers on stuff in WalMart than also had a Made in China sticker when I looked hard enough.

I usually buy all my ammunition and components from funstores, and all my pistol ammo comes form them as Wal Mart up here does not sell pistol ammo (or actual firearms)

I don't even buy Norinco ammunition from th funstore, Russian or Czech sure, but not Chinese
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The green box .223 is a freakin flamethrower. The guy next to me was using it and I couldn't believe the fireball in broad daylight.

A guy a couple lanes down was shooting the white box stuff. It smelled like chemical death...noxious as hell.

That is why M16s and ARs have flash hiders.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm all about the WWB value packjs - especially on handgun ammo.  The 9mm and 45ACP is good stuff for real cheap.  I can't get this crap anywhere else or I would.  All my Wally's quit carrying the good .223.  They only carry the 45 grain varmint 40-packs now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Our economy is not healthy.  Hasn't been for a long time. Just look at our inner cities.  Just look at the trailers in the countryside. Our jobs have been going overseas for years and will continue to. Walmart hasn't started the problem, but they certainly contribute to it. Personally I don't like Walmart not only for their overseas patronage but for their unfair labor practices. The occasional forced overtime, low wages and benefits, and oppressive attitude toward their workers. They have immediately closed a store in Canada when the employees unionized. I shop else where when the price difference is a little higher.  I look for the made in USA label. We have to if we want our children to have jobs someday. Why do you think so many college graduates today cannot find jobs? White collar jobs cannot exist in large numbers without having a blue collar manufacturing  base to make and eventually buy a product. Freetrade is a contributor to our loss of manufacturing jobs in this country.  If tariffs were to be used extensively, the cost of items would rise, but so would our citizens' average income. The welfare society in which we live would be transformed into a working populace that would thrive as it should.  Government action to make it advantageous to manufacture here in our homeland is what is needed.  We should not allow trade with China at all. Their horrendous human rights record is currently being ignored. Children being forced to work 16 hours a day or more so the sneakers we buy make more profit than if they were made domestically is terrible, especially since a majority of the people on my road don't have a job.

I am a Christian, progun American who doesn't like where our America is headed. Soon there will not be a middle class. That is why I vote for both democrats and republicans based on their track record, not for a particular party. A balance in power must be maintained if we want to address these issues and still maintain a majority of our rights. Having the White House and  both legislative houses controlled by the same party is what will hasten the demise of our country.

So in conclusion, Walmart IS part of the problem, but is really only a small portion when compared to the bigger picture. Buy American when you can and from smaller businesses if possible. Remember that money in the pockets of the little man  (your neighbors) is better for your community and in turn yourself , than if pocketed by the Walton family.

Sorry to be offtopic but some things just need to be said.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top