Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2003 2:11:08 PM EDT
Hi, i have a couple 100s of norinco 55grs FMJ (although markings on the box say 55gr SP, it's FMJ ammo) ammunition and i was wondering if they were, hmmmm say, ok stuff. Markings around the primer are. C  J   94.

Thanks
HUNTER.

Edited to say it's brass cased ammo.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Blasting ammo. Not seen for sale since early '90s. Import rules cut it off. Cases are marginal for reloading.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hi, i have a couple 100s of norinco 55grs FMJ (although markings on the box say 55gr SP, it's FMJ ammo) ammunition and i was wondering if they were, hmmmm say, ok stuff. Markings around the primer are. C  J   94.

Thanks
HUNTER.

Edited to say it's brass cased ammo.
View Quote
HEY H-man!!  well..i figure it's good ammo for blastin at monkeys...but i wouldnt rely on it to chase the rebels outa your "crops" [;)]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
HEY H-man!!  well..i figure it's good ammo for blastin at monkeys...but i wouldnt rely on it to chase the rebels outa your "crops" [;)]
View Quote

[ROFL]

Like they said. It is decent blasting ammo, not bad, but nothing great.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it packaged in yellow boxes ?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Decent plinking ammo and can be reloaded (it comes in yellow boxes up here).
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#6]
There are reports that some of this ammo is corrosive.  I saw a new Colt's bolt carrier group which was totally junk after shoting Norinco ammo.  The owner didn't clean the rifle after shooting, put it away, and tried to shoot it a month or so later.  Wouldn't work.  This is something you can do with USGI ammo -- although you shouldn't, you can.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[ROFL]

Like they said. It is decent blasting ammo, not bad, but nothing great.
View Quote

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUNTER.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#8]
hey H-man, have you fired any of the ammo off yet??  if so...how'd it work out?  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There are reports that some of this ammo is corrosive.  I saw a new Colt's bolt carrier group which was totally junk after shoting Norinco ammo.  The owner didn't clean the rifle after shooting, put it away, and tried to shoot it a month or so later.  Wouldn't work.  This is something you can do with USGI ammo -- although you shouldn't, you can.

-- Chuck
View Quote

This ammo isn't corrosive, red boxes made in 1994, marked NON CORROSIVE.
HUNTER.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
hey H-man, have you fired any of the ammo off yet??  if so...how'd it work out?  
View Quote

The ammo works GREAT, flawless, great accuracy 1, 1.5 MOA, seriously, very good ammo.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#11]
outstanding....i was kinda curious.  is it fairly easy to obtain down there?? or was that a one time deal??  
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Hunter --

The boxes were marked [i]non-corrosive[/i], just like yours.  The boxes lied.

If you shoot it do a good cleaning afterwards, just to be sure.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#13]
It's all corrosive(Red, Yellow, Silver, Blue and White boxes.) Norinco stated on the box it wasn't, but I have quite a few friends that were less than perfect in cleaning their rifles and caused damage to them.  One friend ruined his Olympic Arms AR bbl with it, the other destroyed his Blued Mini-14 when he failed to clean it after shooting Norinco Yellow boxed .223.

Buyer beware or just practice good PM.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn I'm glad someone posted this thread. I just shot some rounds of norinco through my AR today. Good to know I should give it a good cleaning. Thanks for the info guys.

Oh I'll add that I as well was gettin 1-1.5MOA out of it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
outstanding....i was kinda curious.  is it fairly easy to obtain down there?? or was that a one time deal??  
View Quote

Nope, they are fairly easy to obtain down here.  Actually if not all, most of the ammo i have shot thru my AR was norinco....jesus! thanks god i'm ANAL (the AR is just fine, no damage) cleaning it!...it's a shame thought that such an accuratte and CHEAP ammo turned out to be corrosive, that's the last time i ever buy from norinco.

HUNTER.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top