Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/1/2003 2:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/2/2003 6:29:27 PM EDT by vedubin01]
I was looking at the bandoliers that I had and thought that I could make something better and make it out of marpat. So with some help from mom I came up with this. The material is much stronger than standard (same as the BDU material)and works well. I made it a 5 pocket and holds 200 rounds of 5.56 on stripper clips.

Had to lighten up the photo a bit because its getting dark!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 2:30:32 PM EDT
That's sweet! Good job, and tell your mom to make me 10 just like it [;D] Where did you get the material? I've been wanting some in Tropentarn and desert MARPAT.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 2:39:17 PM EDT
Im going to make some more tonight but make the strap better. I made it like the ones from Wu but there is a better way. It just takes more time. I also made a inner pocket so you do not need the cardboard. As far as the material, my mom's sister lives up in NC and her neighbor I guess works at the place they make it. So she brought us some down for fee. Lucky me!!! The stuff is way strong. I had to get my mom to get a heavy needle to go through it. The regular one kept bending. But Ill see if I can get more material if there is a market for it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 4:20:59 PM EDT
Very cool. You could probably make some money selling those here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:22:10 PM EDT
I just made the second one and it came out better than the first. The upgrade is much better. If people would like for me to start to sell these let me know. It takes about an hour to make and I got this material for free so I have to find out what cost would be. There is no way I can keep the price the same as Wu because the material is so much better and I know that it cost way more. But I do not think it would be that bad. Id say what ever cost would be on parts + $10 for my time is fair. (if that sounds high for time Im sorry Im no Shawn John sweat shop) Its for the fun of making something that someone would buy not a get rich quick scam. Please let me know!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:57:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/2/2003 6:52:14 PM EDT by vedubin01]
Looking at this material even closer I found the hidden USMC and badge in the print. I guess this is the exact same stuff as that the USMC uses. Pretty cool! The second pic is the upgrade I made on the 2nd one for the handle. Works much better and lays flat with web gear on! Ive made 5 so far if anyone wants one! [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p5d72901f26aa5514a030ae2a7d1b5124/faa99829.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p26cc2cf139af09bc9ebbf27c6a2445ce/faa99824.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:48:24 AM EDT
do they come with a 3-point sling option? just kidding, they look very nice, how much you thinking of charging for them? Dagger
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:05:58 AM EDT
due to the fact that I might not be able to get that material anymore I have to see. Im working on trying to get some more. If you see they have the hidden USMC logo in the material. Only the military is allowed to use or sell that. There is knock off material but have not looked for it as of yet. I will post later in the week to let you all know if I can start to make these for you. Thanks for the kind words and maybe a 3 point sling and a bayo lug could be added. But I guess these would be post ban and I need to wait for the sunset! :)
Top Top