Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2003 3:52:14 AM EDT
Was wondering what it meant. This cartridge was listed in the thread by CH "Better performing self defense loads:Various calibers."
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
OTM= "open tip match"
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:34:31 AM EDT
[#2]
 Cool.
 So is this another way of saying Hollow Point?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:47:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
 Cool.
 So is this another way of saying Hollow Point?
View Quote

No, I don't believe so. It (open tip) is more of a result of the manufacturing process from info that I have gathered on this site. The open tip is very small compared to statndard hollow points. I'm  sure someone with more info will add to this.

Have you read the AMMO FAQ tacked at the top of this page?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
 A smaller tip than a match hollow point? Whoa.

Affirmative. For me the AMMO FAQ is one of those things that I can read 5 times and on the 6th time catch something that I missed before. Same with Feamsters Black Magic. Alot more info than my limited cranium can absorb.[whacko]

Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:44:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Speer TNT hollow point. Notice larger opening in the tip. Designed for explosive performance on small game. My idea of a standard type hollow point.

[img]http://www.speer-bullets.com/images/Product/TNT_BulletV.jpg[/img]

Nosler HPBT Match. Notice smaller opening in the tip. Bullet designed for accuracy. But as we've seen with the gel tests, it frags very well.
[img]http://www.nosler.com/images/j4cutaway.jpg[/img]

Edited to add, yes the nosler is called a hollow point, but really does not act as one.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top