Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/22/2003 5:27:59 PM EDT
A few weeks ago I was shooting my Glock 17 Suppressed.

Three rounds of Silver Bear fired, three jams bad enough that I had to get a strong screwdriver to force back the slide.

Later on, of the 47 remaining rounds fired normally, several rounds still jammed while loading.
In short, it is going to be quite a while before I buy Silver Bear again.

For the record;
9mm Luger. 145 grain HP.
Product Code is A919RHPN.
Lot number 327-10-01

The last time I had any ammo this bad it was from a batch of re-loaded ammo I got from another shooter. He accidentally pushed the primer in too deeply. I couldn’t always fire off his ammo.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 10:56:54 AM EDT
I had the same problem with a batch of Silver Bear in .40 S&W in my G22. The cartridges would sieze for some reason in the chamber and would require a LOT of force to extract. A couple times I had to remove the barrel and poke a cleaning rod through the muzzle in order to pop the rounds out. They were not reliably chambering at all. A fired round siezed in his buddies S&W as well. It was embarrassing because my brother was considering buying the gun and it was acting like a jamm-o-matic. I ran a batch of Winchester USA FMJ through a few days later with no problems. Luckily I was able to convince him that there was nothing wrong with the gun. I did go back and check with a caliper some of the dimensions of the ammo, and didn't notice anything strange. It is junk though. I'd rather spend an extra buck or two and get good ammo. I had used Silver Bear in the past with no problems, but still...
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:07:48 AM EDT
Top Top