Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2003 5:38:06 PM EDT
Anyone have any feedback on Century Arms Hot Shot ammo, specifically their 5.56?
http://www.centuryarms.com/store/
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.centuryarms.com/store/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Shot 500 rounds so far and no problems.  Got another 5k and will really test it out the next few weeks if I can get some time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:30:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Who makes this hotshot ammo?  Country? Reloads?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:26:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Made in Bosnia.  Factory ammo, boxer primed.  Some have said the flash holes are smaller, and they appear to be.  However, I've run several through my Lee sizing die and haven't had any problems with decapping pins getting stuck.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:56:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I've put around 400 thru my Bushmaster M4, not one problem, seems to have a little more kick then the Radway Green SS109 I've shot, but that could be in my head.  It does seem to shoot alittle dirty though, no big deal though.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I have broken a decapping pin.
It chronographs to full 855 speed, not the neutered "equivalent" of the British or Spanish ammo.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It chronographs to full 855 speed, not the neutered "equivalent" of the British or Spanish ammo.
View Quote
                                       The Spanish I've chronoed comes within NATO spec and is well within the extreme spread of M855.Very accurate too. What velocity are you getting from your M855 and I assume it is IMI? Hot Shot chrono's?......groupings? or patterns?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
                                       The Spanish I've chronoed comes within NATO spec and is well within the extreme spread of M855.Very accurate too. What velocity are you getting from your M855 and I assume it is IMI? Hot Shot chrono's?......groupings? or patterns?
View Quote

Grouped fine, and the speeds were compared to the Amo FAQ.
I have read many stating that the Spanish 109 ammo is a lower velocity, this is not true?
Radway Green, also?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have read many stating that the Spanish 109 ammo is a lower velocity, this is not true?
Radway Green, also?
View Quote
                                       Spanish SS109 I've chronoed comes in at 3070 average from a 20" tube which is not bad , within M855 spec. Donn't know about Radway as I never have and never will buy any. Good to know this HotShot might be an option when it's cheap.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Radway Green, also?
View Quote
                                       Spanish SS109 I've chronoed comes in at 3070 average from a 20" tube which is not bad , within M855 spec. Donn't know about Radway as I never have and never will buy any. Good to know this HotShot might be an option when it's cheap.
View Quote

Likewise with the Spanish.  I shoot a 20" bbl also, so it's good.

Thanks
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top