Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2003 11:30:36 PM EDT
I would like to know if there's a formula to get a general idea how much shipping would be for ammunition.  I ask the wholesaler selling and they state actual cost will be reflected on the bill.  However, there's a 3% cash discount.  I want to send a money order to get that discount and don't want to short them.

Example: A 20-round box of Q3131A weighs approx. .5 pound.  If I order 1 case (50 boxes) that would be 25 pounds.  So, how much would it cost to ship 25 pounds of ORM-D via UPS Ground from Kansas to Minnesota?  I don't need exact numbers but, if anyone has a general idea, I'd like to know.

Thank you
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]wwwapps.ups.com/QCCWebApp/request?loc=en_US[/url]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I should have mentioned, I attempted the online approximation and it didn't work out, I also called UPS and explained what I what I wanted to ship and where it was coming from and going to and the gal told me that it depends on the agreement the wholesaler has with UPS.  She wouldn't even try to give me the info.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 1:52:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I think she was referring to the actual shipping rates the wholesaler pays, which are probably cheaper than the retail rates they quoted you.

I think you're making this too complicated. If the wholesaler said you will be paying retail rates, then the number quoted on the UPS web site should be correct. It doesn't matter that it's ammo or requires an ORM-D sticker.

The only thing that matters is weight, size, zone, and additional services. If you shipping a case of ammo ground, dimensional weight will probably not apply. And unless you need insurance, COD, Saturday service, etc., the rate you see on the web site should be the actual rate you pay.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Mattja:

Thank you, I'm thinking you are absolutely right about me making this too complicated.  UPS website does not allow for ORM-D which I thought increased costs slightly.  Again, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#5]
FWIW We get a 52% discount on our ground ammo shipments. No one in business pays the book rate from UPS.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Scotter260, no problem.

I did some consulting 10 years ago with a company that was getting a 75% discount from FedEx and charging their customers retail rates. And most of their shipments were priority overnight. They made more off shipping than off the goods they were selling, which were small electronic parts.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top