Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2003 12:40:38 PM EDT
In July I saw that I could order 3000 rounds of SA battlepack ammo from Sportsmans Guide for $348.83 delivered some time in September.
After reading posts from Troy and others about there being no more available, I thought I would think positive and ordered some.
On September 8, I received an email stating it was not available and they offered to substitute 5000 rounds of Russian steel cased ammo instead. I thought it sounded like "switch and bait", the switch sounding like Wolf ammo.
I have had no problems with Wolf and for $70.00/1000 rounds delivered, I called them and told them to send the Russian stuff.
Well, now they say the substitute is not available and I should cancell the order.
I guess I can't say it is switch and bait since the bait is no longer available can I.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:45:28 PM EDT
Very strange. I backordered 3k rounds, too, and I haven't gotten the email yet.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:56:54 PM EDT
fizassist, give them a call at 800-882-2945 and ask about your order to see if you get the same info.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:59:38 PM EDT
The term is "Bait and Switch"; if it was "Switch and Bait" then it's already switched so you know exactly what you're getting and it won't be the bait. I would just get the Wolf as that is a good price.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:04:51 PM EDT
I got the email too, but I haven't responded to them yet.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:22:36 PM EDT
I don't think the switch is for Wolf, but rather Barnaul. I like the Barnaul better than Wolf, even if they do use a bimetal jacket and the red seal around the bullet. The JSC Barnaul is hotter and groups better than Wolf. Wolf is good for blasting, but I can't get it to group in the same state. Is the Barnaul as good as the SA M193 stuff from the past. Nope...not even close. Still, not bad stuff. When you can buy it for under $50/500 round case, buy it up.
Top Top