Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2003 2:38:35 PM EDT
I just ordered an FAL and will need some good .308 surplus on the cheap side .
Portugese or Australian are supposed to be very good .
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#1]
australian is very good, plus you get cans, stripper clips, and bandoliers thrown in.  I have not tried Port, but Spanish Santa Barbara works well for me also.

-hanko
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The South African is good too.  AIM surplus has it for 19.00 for 180 round battle packs.  The port works good, but good luck finding it.  The Aussie stuff is supposed to be the best, but I'm only shooting iraqi cans and bottles so the SA is the cheapest good stuff I can shoot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.militaryshooters.com[/url]

Aussie 7.62X51 for $130.00/800 rd case, packed 200 rounds per can, in stripper clips & very nice bandoliers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Port: [url]www.ammunitionstore.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/_308.html[/url]

AIM also has Spanish NATO surplus from Santa Barbara Arsenal.  The 5.56mm Santa Barbara always got high marks, and this stuff is from the mid-80's to the 90's.

I just ordered a bunch of it and I'll post a report when I get my hands on it.

Man, the UPS guy is gonna have a hernia.....[}:D]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Man, the UPS guy is gonna have a hernia.....
View Quote

Be careful with the quantity you order and the deliver persons.  A friend ordered a large quantity (12 cases) and somehow the local LE came knocking.  The buyer is also LE so he chatted with them and explained that the large quantity was for his "club".  Seems that delivery and utility workers are now require to report "possible problems" due to all the homeland security concerns.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#7]
That's good advice Hail Mary, but my shop ordered it, and the UPS guy is used to AR's, AK's, FAL's, etc. on the shelves and laying around.....

Still, for the guy getting this stuff delivered to his house, it's a good idea to get fairly friendly with the delivery guy....remember him on Christmas and he'll remember you (in a good way).  Helps when you don't want stuff left out in the rain without a plastic bag over it until you get home....
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top