Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2003 11:54:03 PM EDT
A friend and myself just bought several boxes of the Winchester 40rd value packs at Wal-Mart for an exceptional price.

The boxes are marked with the numbers CT534/E126133/K7302.

Our local AR armorer said that these were not very good rounds as the quality was spotty and they were probabily Israli made seconds.

Just looking for inputs on the stuff if anyone knows.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 1:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Are these the ones they are selling at $7.98/ 40?  If so you are better off with Q3131A from winchester as it is easy to find it for that price or cheaper.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Those are the ones but we got them to match the price to $4.99 per box.

Our concern was that there were performance/safety issues. I had big problems with my new AR feeding that. Turns out one of the primers blew out and lodged in the bolt.

My friend however, had zero feed issues in his.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:31:44 AM EDT
[#3]
This is the 45gr HP stuff, right?  I haven't tried any from my AR, but used some of it in a bolt action .223.  1:12 twist.  It liked lighter bullets.  Shot one raggedy hole at 100yards all day with that stuff.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I shoot that stuff every now and then, no problems for me. Decent blasting ammo.

Av.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#5]
meauxgc, how did you get them to price match 40 round boxes to 4.99? (if I read that right)  Buddy has an ASA that won't take many kinds of ammo without jamming, but the 40 round boxes haven't given him any problems....
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Works fine for me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#7]
find another local AR armorer....if he is like most then he set in his shop most of the day and hardly ever get in any shooting time......

Your shooting good ammo......Isreali 2nds? where do these guys get these stories?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
find another local AR armorer....if he is like most then he set in his shop most of the day and hardly ever get in any shooting time......

Your shooting good ammo......Isreali 2nds? where do these guys get these stories?
View Quote

Hey, Backoff!!  He was told this by a gun shop guy.  It should be taken as gospel, dadgummit![:D]  
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't tried the .223 bulk packs.

The 9mm bulk packs seem decent.

The .45 bulk loads are shit.it went bang, but it was externally dirty as hell and borderline corroded ammo. yuck.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 3:58:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Our local AR armorer said that these were not very good rounds as the quality was spotty and they were probabily Israli made seconds.

Just looking for inputs on the stuff if anyone knows.
View Quote

More myth stuff.  It works just fine and is first quality ammo.  It is loaded well below mil. spec, but that doesn't matter if shooting cans.  Other than the goofy gold colored dust they put on the brass to make it look all pretty, there is nothing wrong with it at all.  Good plinking ammo!

Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:57:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Our local AR armorer said that these were not very good rounds as the quality was spotty and they were probabily [b]Israli made seconds[/b].
View Quote

[ROFL2] Ha-Ha! That's a good one! Israeli 2nds....

~ s0ulzer0
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top