Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2003 9:01:19 AM EDT
I've read the ammo faq and the info on the Maryland ar15 site about storing ammo in bandoliers in 50cal cans.  I am going to order the cans from CTD due to the fact that the lowest price I've seen locally is $15.  But when I look at CTD's site there's 3 different sizes and I don't know which one it is as I've found nothing other than "use a 50cal ammo can."

So what size is supossed to be used?

Thanks,
Nismofun
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#1]
A word of warning: Watch out for the shipping/handling charges from CTD. They USED to charge what I considered very high S/H fees.
And the cans that a friend of mine ordered were not in the best condition...Lots of dents & rust...JMO, YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
5 cans at 3.95 each worked out to 27 with s/h.  Still much cheaper than local.  but if they're going to be of questionable quality, I'll pass.  Anyone have suggestions of where to mail order some from?

Nismofun
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got 3 regular sized 50 cal cans from CTD today.  I was really pleased to see no dents and light, minor rust.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info, I'll be ordering a few tomorrow, hoping for no rust.

Nismofun
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I also orderd 3 .50 cal cans from CTD. They only had some dust and minor rust on them wich came off easyly with a dish rag.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#7]
1000 rounds (50 boxes) of Q3131A just fits in a standard 50cal ammo can if you carefully arrange the boxes.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top