Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 4:54:37 PM EDT
I just purchased 1k of LC XM193 lot 19 ammo and noticed a bunch of this is over length where the cannelure is forward of the case mouth, 2 out of the 300 I've opened had the bullets seated way to deeply, and one was bent so far over it would be impossible to chamber.  Why is their quality control so crappy?  I had some lot 31 that was far better.  I've seen the ammo FAQ but all this leads me more towards Q3131A for it's better quality control.  I didnt have a single problem with any of the last 1K of that I've shot up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Fired thousands of rounds of the stuff and had only one round dented so badly I didn't trust it in my rifle.  QC has been fine in my experience.  I am sure every co. makes a bad batch now and then...unfortunately!  I don't have the lot you speak of though!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Nearly every case of Fed/LC or Win M193 I have seen have had a few bad rounds among them, be it a couple of severely dented cases or whatever. But it's usually no big deal. For the cost, I can deal with culling a few bad cartridges. You can move up to the more expensive Black Hills ammo and likely get more uniform stuff or use some of the commercial SAAMI spec stuff that is downloaded. But for my purposes, I will just stick with M193 as general purpose ammo. I can live with tossing out a few bad cartridges per case. And I have never had more than a "few" bad rounds per case. If you have a bunch of cartridges that are unsuitable for use, it sounds like you just got a realy bad batch.

-Charging Handle
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top