Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/25/2003 6:26:37 PM EDT
I was rootin around the basement, and found a case of Norinco 308 I bought maybe 15 years ago.

I think there are 540 rounds in the case.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff?

If I remember, it is in green boxes. I didn't pop the top, because I also think it has a plastic visqueen-type liner.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Mike
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:05:31 PM EDT
I bought some years back packed in wood crates that was so dirty it would choke my FN after a couple hundred rounds. I think the commie bastages loaded pig dung or something in this stuff! Sell it quick to your worst .308 shootin' enemy!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:18:21 AM EDT
Dirty and corrosive, in my experience. Noah
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 12:12:19 PM EDT
Let me start by saying that I've never had any Norinco .308 ammo. Let me finish by saying, I've shot lots of Norinco .45 ACP and .762 X 39 (not the same as Winchester .308). All of it has been clean and corrosive free. It has fired reliably and I hope it still will because I have several thousand rounds stashed for a rainy day. I would not assume that your batch is corrosive or unreliable. First, run the lot number by some one who has data........I do not know who at this time but I feel that a person who knows should be aroud. Than if it turns out that your batch is corrosive (>15 years moght be) make your decision. You could still shoot it and then "wash" your barrel clean. Look at all your options and consider all your moves. PigPen
Top Top