Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2003 6:26:37 PM EDT
I was rootin around the basement, and found a case of Norinco 308 I bought maybe 15 years ago.

I think there are 540 rounds in the case.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff?  

If I remember, it is in green boxes.  I didn't pop the top, because I also think it has a plastic visqueen-type liner.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Mike
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought some years back packed in wood crates that was so dirty it would choke my FN after a couple hundred rounds. I think the commie bastages loaded pig dung or something in this stuff!

Sell it quick to your worst .308 shootin' enemy!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Dirty and corrosive, in my experience.

Noah
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me start by saying that I've never had any Norinco .308 ammo.

Let me finish by saying, I've shot lots of Norinco .45 ACP and .762 X 39 (not the same as Winchester .308).

All of it has been clean and corrosive free. It has fired reliably and I hope it still will because I have several thousand rounds stashed for a rainy day.

I would not assume that your batch is corrosive or unreliable. First, run the lot number by some one who has data........I do not know who at this time but I feel that a person who knows should be aroud. Than if it turns out that your batch is corrosive (>15 years moght be) make your decision. You could still shoot it and then "wash" your barrel clean.

Look at all your options and consider all your moves.

PigPen
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top