Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/20/2003 9:46:35 PM EDT
I recently shot a box (20) of South African in .308 with my Remington PSS.
At 100 yards, I was putting holes into the holes I had already shot! If the stuff had been Boxer and not Berdan primed I would buy a case right now. So far only Hirtenberger ammo has been better than SA. As for accuracy, the difference was very slight, almost negligible.
The only thing that keeps me from buying more is that I can sell used .308 if they are Boxer Primed. There is no market for expended Berdan Primed except for the price of recycled brass itself.
In short, AR10 Owners can look forwards to good shooting with South African ammo.

A while back, I shot SA in my M16. I hardly had to clean it. As I was shooting Full Auto, I can’t say anything how accurate it was. But looking at its Big Brother, I may very well buy more in the future.

I’m impressed with South African Ammo. I just wish they would use Boxer and not Berdan.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:49:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith A while back, I shot SA in my M16. I hardly had to clean it. As I was shooting Full Auto, I can’t say anything how accurate it was. But looking at its Big Brother, I may very well buy more in the future
View Quote
The SA is pretty accurate out of my Ar, But it is Dirty. I don't know how you got by squeeky Clean.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:37:15 PM EDT
It came straight out of a Battle Pack. Maybe that's why.
Top Top