Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2003 12:01:40 PM EDT
I have about 6 boxes of this stuff (still in sealed box) from my dads' shooting days.  I just shoot the ar-15, so I have no need for it (nor anything that shoots it).  What is this stuff worth - I have heard it is really only worth the nostagic value but some people like that it says national match on it and think it wonderful.  I also have 3 m14 clips and about 100 loose 7.62 rounds...  I was going to put the stuff on the EE but dont know what to put it for.
Thanks!
Jeremy
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any clue what the Match ammo is worth, but if the mags are in good, used condition, I would ask about $35 each for those. If the 100 rounds of loose ammo is just mil-surp FMJ, I would price it at about $15-$20. If it is really old stuff (say 1960's or older) maybe even less. But get a second opinion before using my figures.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  $35 is about what I have seen for for the mags... I sold one at a gun show for $25, and traded one for an AR mag before I knew what they were worth... but the three I have are in pretty good shape.  The loose ammo is what is loaded in the clips now, plus some red-tipped (tracer???) rounds.  I know they have been there for quite a while... But everything was in sealed ammo boxes so it preserved well.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top