Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2003 7:01:46 PM EDT
Any opinions on Norinco .308 ?  Its factory new in the wooden crates (1040 rds), 90's headstamped and non-corrosive.  Good stuff or underpowered ?

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
All the steel cased Norinco I've shot was corrosive, whether advertised as such or not. Caveat empor and all that.
It was all copper washed steel cased ammo, I shot a number of different lots, some was even headstamped L2A2(!) but was obviously Chinese, as the packaging was all Chinese and again it was copper washed steel.

Dirty ammo, not very accurate. Reliable. I shot it through an L1A1, BTW, until I got better ammo. I then gave it to a friend, we shot it through his 1919A4.
I'd pass and get Portugese or Hirtenberger.

Tim
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it is currently banned from importation because Bush wanted to penalize Norinco for selling weapons to the wrong people, so it might be considered collectible.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
We used to sell that stuff by the crate like you describe for $54.  Now I see it by the box for about $7 - $12.

I think it was corrosive, but I don't remember, it has been awhile.  As stated earlier, it was dirty, and not the most accurate, bt it was cheap.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually Clinton banned the import of Chinese ammo some time back in the 90's.  Supposedly it was to show he could be tough with the Chinese, well at least that was the excuse he gave.  However, other norinco products could still be imported, most likely because the Chinese had him in their back pocket.  Bush just recently banned import of all norinco products due to alleged ties with terrorist organizations, or something to that extent.  Not saying what he did was the right or wrong thing to do, but thought I would just clarify.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top