Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/15/2003 7:48:09 PM EDT
It's related to their "Fall Hunting Classic" I believe, which occurs in Baltimore, Chicago, Houston, Detroit and Orlando this weekend.

The BPS in Houston had 60 cases, and they were limiting sales to 1 case per person.

The price, as is well known, is $2.88/box
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 12:12:51 PM EDT
Called the bps today in Gurnee/Chicago, IL. The guy at the gun dept said the only 223 ammo on sale right now is umc @ $3.49/box. I been looking forward to this sale for a while and I don't think it's gonna happen here in Illinois.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 12:53:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2003 12:53:41 PM EDT by kingfish]
I just got 500 rnds in Hanover MD. $2.88/box
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:40:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2003 1:40:58 PM EDT by klutz347]
I got 500 rounds at the Auburn Hills, MI store, $2.88/box.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:08:24 PM EDT
Grrr. Houston store is supposedly out of their 60 cases already. I'll call back in the morning to double-check.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:21:39 AM EDT
I called BPS in Houston yesterday and they said that not only are they sold out, but it was priced at $3.99 a box! Something's wrong with this picture!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:21:50 PM EDT
I spoke with a guy by the name of Don at the Houston location, and he even looked up the dact that they had Q3131A, that it was $2.88/box, and he checked inventory at 60 cases. I didn't think it would sell out THAT fast. I got a case of Wolf at Midway for $110 delivered. That's pretty good, although I would have preferred the Q3131A by a wide margin. Let's hope the SA battlepacks I ordered from SG come through....
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:52:59 PM EDT
I went into the store as it opened at 8am. Went straight to the .223 and picked up 10 boxes. I went to the front door to get a sales flyer, and decided to get more ammo. I went back to get some and someone emptied the whole shelf. Just before I started to cry, a nice store employee led me to a stack of cases unopened. This same ammo sells at gun shows for $4.00/box. Great deal, but this stuff is dirty looking though. Probably the dirtiest looking ammo I have.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:50:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By zhukov: I spoke with a guy by the name of Don at the Houston location, and he even looked up the dact that they had Q3131A, that it was $2.88/box, and he checked inventory at 60 cases. I didn't think it would sell out THAT fast.
View Quote
What day was this?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:08:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2003 6:09:09 PM EDT by zhukov]
Originally Posted By Neutrino45:
Originally Posted By zhukov: I spoke with a guy by the name of Don at the Houston location, and he even looked up the dact that they had Q3131A, that it was $2.88/box, and he checked inventory at 60 cases. I didn't think it would sell out THAT fast.
View Quote
What day was this?
View Quote
I called them originally Friday night to find out about the sale, but I went to the Austin gunshow Saturday morning. When I called them back Saturday night to make sure my Sunday morning road trip wouldn't be in vain, I got the bad news. I didn't bother calling today since I ordered the Wolf, and there was someone at the Austin gunshow (they're out of Conroe) who was selling Winnie 223 for $168/case (no tax). It wasn't Q3131A, but he said he'll get some more in and sell it for the same price. I'll just pick up a case then. That's not much more expensive than the BPS deal by the time you pay taxes. He also had Brown Bear 7.62x39 for $45/500, with no taxes - that's an awesome price considering you don't have to pay S&H like when you order online.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:39:38 PM EDT
I went just tonight and they had no ammo. They are supposed to get some more but I don't know when. In the add they have it is not Q3131A but USA Winchester. Has anyone confirmed that Houston has Q3131A?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:26:22 PM EDT
I made it out to the Houston BPS on Saturday at about 12:30. I went straight there after Sat. morning defensive driving. The place was packed and the last 2 cases were sitting on a heavy duty restocking cart like they had just pulled it out of the back room. I got one of the last two remaining cases of Q3131A. They had plenty of Win RAA223 (think that is what it said on the box). I don't know if the price was $2.88/box though. Great sale: see if they will give you a rain check if you missed this one. The sale goes for a week or so and should still be on.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 10:38:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Spacematic: I got one of the last two remaining cases of Q3131A.
View Quote
[Kyle and Stan]You've bought the last 2 cases!! You Bastard!!![/Kyle and Stan]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:53:00 AM EDT
Damn! 12:30 and they had already sold out of 60 cases! There must have been a lot of ammo-whores lurking on the board without letting us know they were going. I'm glad I didn't waste my time driving in from Austin Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:02:53 AM EDT
They got 20 more last night and I just went and got mine this morning. The good news is they are taking rain checks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:03:04 PM EDT
Just got back from a 2 hour (each way) trip to the Arundel Mills Mall BPS. Got 1 1/2 cases of Q3131A for $2.88 a box. They have plenty about 10 cases on the shelf and another 2K boxes on the way. No Limit on the amount of cases you can buy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:55:25 AM EDT
Left Friday to drive down to Houston to pick up some. I called first, and was told that there was plenty in stock. When I got there, I did find an unopened case by the Winchester booth. There were maybe 2-3 cases of loose boxes by the ammo display. I tooled around for a few minutes and decided to bug out to start the 2.5 hour drive back home. First though, I applied for the BPS card to get the 10% discount. The checkout was somewhat delayed by the fact the it took 30 minutes to check out. First, the checkout guy (looked like a high schooler) tried to ring up all 50 since the case wouldn't scan. The 10% coupon code only worked for the first box. He then started scanning each individual box and took 10% off each one. By #12, a guy from ammo came over and said that I had the last case and that he should try some of the UPC codes on the case. That didn't work. More head scratching. He tried to give me 15% off, but that only works for BPS merchandise. Now, we're back to scanning each box individually and taking 10% off each one - 50 times ! He counts at the end and takes off two since he counted 52. Total was too much. I recount, tell him he's got to take 3 more boxes off. He recounts, and agrees. Now we're down to paying. He types in my CC # which was written on the little temporary card. Messes up, has to start over. Finally finishes and the register tells him I owe $1.18. I probably should have just paid it, but there was a manager nearby, and I get her to come over. Lo and behold, after 5 more minutes they cancel all the transactions, manage to get the correct total, take off 10% PLUS ANOTHER 10% FOR MY TROUBLE and I'm off. Final cost, including tax, for 1 case of Q3131A: $125. [:D] Should have bought more If I had known.... I wasn't too upset at the kid. It was kind of worth it, actually.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:46:15 AM EDT
So you've bought the last case right? When is the sale over for the Houston store? Do they still offer rain checks?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:48:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Neutrino45: So you've bought the last case right? When is the sale over for the Houston store? Do they still offer rain checks?
View Quote
The guy said I got the last case, but call anyway. Like I said - they had quite a few loose boxes. Sale ends closing tomorrow. Don't know about rainchecks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:27:34 AM EDT
Hi, I had called the store 1 1/2 hrs ago. The guy says there are about 13+ cases left. The sale ends tomorrow. They will give rain check if they run out. I am sending a friend to pick up 5 cases right now. Neutrino45
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:07:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Neutrino45: Hi, I had called the store 1 1/2 hrs ago. The guy says there are about 13+ cases left. The sale ends tomorrow. They will give rain check if they run out. I am sending a friend to pick up 5 cases right now.
View Quote
13+ cases, huh ? I swear, those guys can't get their story straight. Thankfully, I got what I needed. I'd have killed someone after driving in from Austin and drawing a blank. I'm set now once the SA battlepacks come in from SG.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:18:10 PM EDT
Yea, I was on the phone w/ him as he counted. He counted 13 and said there MIGHT be more in the back. This hunting department sales person sounded like he was in the 50s or so and was friendly.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:25:36 PM EDT
What about the Springfield, MO store. I have a few freinds there that I could send after ammo and pick it up on my next trip there. Thanks Cruizer
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:26:27 PM EDT
I just stopped by the Hanover MD shop to buy another 500 rnd. They had a few cases laying around. Tomorrow's the last day of the sale.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 2:38:05 PM EDT
When I initially called, they gave me the run around. First they said they didn't have any and it wasn't on sale. Called back again and they said it was on sale but they were out of stock. Called back another time and they said they will be getting more shortly but I could get a rain check. Gave it one last shot and a female answered and said they had plenty. Huh???? I was on my way out the door when I decided to call back and have her visually verify that they had plenty in stock. Talked to a man this time and he said they were out. WTF???? I asked for the female working the counter and when she answered, she was nice enough to walk out to the show room and confirm that they had the Q3131A in stock. I hauled butt down to the store, found the fodder, but they were all in loose boxes. I needed 3k and I didn't feel like counting them and then having the cashier count them again. I asked for cases and they said it would take a while b/c it was buried underneath a new shipment in the back. 30 minutes later the gentleman wheeled out 3 cases for me. Got the BPS credit card (took 1 hour b/c of computer problems) so I ended up saving $200 on 3 cases. Hehehehehe!!!! Now, I'm happy!
Top Top