Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/14/2003 5:49:35 AM EDT

Has anyone seen any decent sales at the Academy Sports around the country? I never go in there but was curious if they ever have any really good deals.

Link Posted: 8/14/2003 5:55:49 AM EDT
you need to go! i practically live at Academy
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 5:58:48 AM EDT
So that [b]you[/b] who's been using the sleepin bags in our tents and cookin those weiners on the Little Smokey........[;)] Mike
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 6:01:59 AM EDT
I have never been to one, the nearest one is over 1000 miles away I think. However, I know they have the best deals around on Winchester 12ga. AA trap loads. When I went through a trap shooting phase I attempted to find the best deal around for shotshells and Academy was it. Unfortunatly the don't ship, and I wasn't drivin. --Dan
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 6:55:59 AM EDT
Academy pretty much started in Austin (TX) where I live, but have branched out quite a bit. Overall, their prices are very good, but .223 is another question. Both Barnaul and Q3131A are $3.99/bow of 20. That's certainly not a bargain by any stretch, especially for the Russkie ammo. I've never seen a sale on these since I started paying attention either. Dove loads for shotguns do go on sale, but that's all I've noticed.
Top Top