Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2003 5:13:33 PM EDT
I saw this (brown box)ammo at Camp Perry.  Military Teams using it.  What is this?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
80 or 77 grain SMK match ammo made for the Navy/ Marine marksmanship Units..
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Marines were shooting Black Hills Moly.  This is not Moly ammo, although I believe that Black Hills makes this (AA53 MK 262 MOD 0)ammo.  

Rumor at Camp Perry is that the Govt. is about to declare a "National Match 5.56 Round". The CMP was selling M118-LR (175 Gr. Sierra).  Why would they have access to current production (2002 date) 7.62 Long Range bolt-gun ammo and be selling it at Perry?  

I was told this was 77 grain Nosler ammo produced by Black Hills for Navy Contract, but I have no confirmation.

Any more info would be appreciated.

K
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was told this was 77 grain Nosler ammo produced by Black Hills for Navy Contract, but I have no confirmation.
View Quote

IIRC the Mk262 Mod 0 was the SMK 77gr it was indeed produced for the Navy.

The Mk262 Mod 1 uses the Nosler 77gr (see Tatjan's test in the other thread).  It shows improved terminal perforance over the 77gr SMK and adds a cannalure to prevent set back.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]
This is not the same stuff that the Marines are going to be giving out to shoot a DCM match at Parris Island. They furnish the ammo, and we furnish the weapons.

Check out this link:

[url]http://www.palmettogunclub.org/parris_island.htm[/url]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top